British Airways has launched a new promotion offering Executive Club members the chance to redeem reward flights for up to 50 per cent fewer Avios.
Members redeeming Avios against World Traveller and World Traveller Plus flights will benefit from a 50 per cent discount in the number of Avios needed, while those redeeming in Club World or First will get a 10 per cent discount.
Reward flights must be booked before November 21, for travel until April 30, 2020 to qualify for the discounted Avios rates.
BA has given a few examples of the discounted Avios needed for redemptions, including:
- 13,000 Avios for a return World Traveller flight to New York (usually 26,000)
- 19,500 Avios for a return World Traveller flight to LA or Johannesburg (usually 39,000)
- 32,500 Avios for a return World Traveller Plus flight to Mumbai (usually 65,000)
- 90,000 Avios for a return Club World flight to New York (usually 100,000)
- 135,000 Avios for a return Club World flight to LA or Johannesburg (usually 150,000)
- 122,400 Avios for a return First flight to New York (usually 136,000)
- 153,000 Avios for a return First flight to Mumbai (usually 170,000)
Note that the rates above are for off-peak Avios pricing, and BA warns that “Reward flights are subject to availability and some routes may have little or no reward flight availability”.
Customers will still need to pay taxes, fees and carrier charges in the normal way. Full terms and conditions for the offer are available here.
The airline is also offering up to 20 per cent Avios hotel redemptions in New York, Boston, Washington, Dubai, Johannesburg and Singapore over the same period.
The promotion is running alongside a number of other current BA Executive Club offers.
Last week the carrier launched a new offer aimed at its frequent premium customers, enabling them to unlock access to reward seat availability.
Members who book and complete four return trips in Club World or First by February 12, 2020, will be granted unrestricted access to convert (almost) any available seat on a flight into an Avios reward seat.
The programme is also currently offering bonus Avios when converting points from six participating hotel loyalty schemes.
Members will get 35 per cent extra Avios when converting points from the Marriott Bonvoy, IHG Rewards Club, Radisson Rewards, Shangri-La’s Golden Circle, Melia Rewards and Best Western Rewards programmes.
Finally there is a double Avios earning promotion, valid for up to ten flights for pre-registrations made by December 13 and flights taken by June 30, 2020.