BA’s lounge at San Francisco airport has reopened following a six-month renovation project.
The news will be welcomed by British Airways customers – as we reported earlier in the year, British Airways had been directing eligible passengers to other lounges at the airport.
The lounge is located between gates A4 and A6 in the international terminal, and now features the carrier’s new lounge design concept which has been gradually rolling out at airports including New York JFK, Rome Fiumicino and Aberdeen.
The 665 sqm lounge features the new signature centerpiece granite bar, and a separate Boutique Dining Room for first class guests (you can see a sample menu for this at the end of this piece).
Other facilities include a self-service deli bar, a study area with wireless printing, and floor-to-ceiling glass windows with views of the runway.
The interiors were designed by British firm Graven in collaboration with San Francisco-based William Duff Associates, and the lounges features several pieces of artwork from local artists Bill Jacobsen, Doug Hall and Ruth Root.
Commenting on the news Carolina Martinoli, British Airways’ Director of Brand and Customer Experience, said:
“We know that lounges form an important part of the journey for some of our customers, so we’re delighted to be able to open this new space in San Francisco, the third lounge in the US to benefit from our investment programme.
“We think customers will love the new look and feel. We have had such positive feedback from customers who have experienced our New York lounge and they both follow the same design concept.”
Business Traveller recently interviewed Jude Winstanley, Head of Ground Product at British Airways, regarding the rollout of the new design.
BA’s next lounge to reopen following refurbishment will be its facility at Johannesburg (which as we reported temporarily closed in May), and further investment is planned at Geneva, Chicago and London Heathrow.
A 360-degree interactive video of the lounge can be seen here.
Sample First First Boutique Dining Room menu
Selection from the Charcuterie Board
- Busseto Prosciutto, Chorizo El Ray, Olli Salumeria Salame,
- Columbus Coppa
- Mitica Drunken Goat, Esperanza Manchego, Don Juan Mahon
- Served with Marcona Almonds, Marinated Olives, Cornichons, Sourdough Toast and Fallot Grain Mustar
- Garden Vegetable, Lemon Orzo Chicken
- Seafood Cioppino with Shrimp, Scallops, Sea Bass, Haricot Vert and Rouille
- Rigatoni with Heirloom Cherry Tomato Sauce, Ricotta and Parmesan
- Add Grilled Chicken, Shrimp or Scallops
- Mini Vine Roasted Peppers, Grilled Local Shiitake Mushrooms, Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes, Hummus Warm Pita
- Blackberry Granola Yogurt Parfait
- Laura Chenel, Goat Cheese, Sonoma County CA,
- Bellwether Farms Point Reyes Blue Cheese, San Andreas, CA
- Fresh Pita Crisps, Fig Spread