Following the launch of its buy-on-board service back in December, Etihad Airways has added a new range of premium snacks and drinks that economy class passengers are now able to purchase.
Available on long- and ultra-long-haul routes in addition to its existing complimentary in-flight service, Etihad’s buy-on-board menu will see new products from brands such as Munchbox and Freakin’ Tasty, whose roasted corn kernels and almonds, and raw chocolate bars, respectively, are made with natural ingredients, no added sugar and no GMO.
Hunter’s Gourmet Potato and Vegetable Crisps – made with no trans fat, preservatives or GMO – are another new addition to the buy-on-board menu.
Meanwhile at the sweeter end of the spectrum, passengers can purchase salted caramel popcorn, “artisan” hot chocolate, as well as gluten-, wheat- and dairy-free snack bars from Nakd.
Business Traveller has contacted Etihad to confirm the prices of the new products.
Speaking about the new product offerings, vice president of guest experience and delivery, Linda Celestino, said: “Etihad Airways is always looking at new ways to increase our offering to tailor the guest experience by providing premium and unique products. Launched in December 2017, our additional buy on board items have proven to be a popular treat that make travelling with us even more special.”
Passengers will still be able to purchase a number of products that were rolled out, including the Snack Box as well as amenity kits and sleepwear.
Overall, the buy-on-board menu will include the following items:
- Freakin’ Healthy Raw Chocolate Bars – US$2/AED9
- Hunter Ridges Crisps – US$2/AED9
- Hunter’s Gourmet Vegetable Crisps – US$3/AED11
- Munchbox Roasted Corn Kernels and Almonds | Assorted Nuts – US$3/AED11
- Nakd Snack Bars – US$2.5/AED9
- Joe & Seph’s Gourmet Popcorn – US$3.5/AED13
- Saile & Sabga Gourmet Hot Chocolate – US$3/AED11
- Piper-Heidsieck Brut NV Champagne by the glass – US$8/AED30
- Snack Box (Sea Salt Crisps, Smarties, Kit-Kat, Mars Bar) – US$6/AED22
- Christian Lacroix male and female branded amenity kits with Omorovicza products – US$22/AED80
- Christian Lacroix branded sleepwear – US$35/AED130
Etihad also aims to roll out a digital menu that will be accessible via the in-flight entertainment system, though a date has yet to be specified.