Thai hotel group Dusit International plans to open the doors of at least 10 new properties over the coming 12 months across Asia and the Middle East as the group moves towards its goal of doubling its number of rooms by 2021.
These upcoming hotels – which will bring the group’s total number of properties to 37 – will be located in Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, the Philippines, Qatar, Singapore and Vietnam.
Currently the group operates 27 hotels in nine countries representing more than 7,000 rooms and by 2021 this is slated to jump to 14,000 rooms across more than 20 countries.
The company’s pipeline currently includes the following properties, among others:
- DusitD2 City Centre, Bahrain (Opening in 2018)
- DusitD2 The Fort, Manila (Opening in 2018)
- DusitD2 Yarkay Thimpu, Bhutan Opening in Q3, 2018
- Dusit Thani Mactan Cebu (Opening in Q4, 2018)
- Dusit Thani Laguna Singapore (Opening in Q1, 2019)
- DusitD2 Davao (Opening in Q1, 2019)
- Dusit Thani Residences Davao (Opening in Q1, 2019)
- DusitD2 Resort and Spa Vung Tau, Vietnam (Opening in Q1, 2019)
- Dusit Princess Dhaka, Bangladesh (Opening in Q2, 2019)
- Dusit Princess Cebu City (Opening in 2019)
- Dusit Thani Hot Springs Resort Wanfo Lake, Anhui (Opening in 2019)
- Dusit Thani Wellness Resort, Suzhou (Opening in 2019)
- Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa Zuzhou, Hunan (Opening in 2019)
- Dusit D2 Salwa, Doha
These new properties join a portfolio that also includes the company’s new millennial-focused Asai Hotels brand, which was announced in April and is set to make its debut in the first quarter of 2019 with the opening of a hotel in Bangkok’s Chatuchak Market.
Dusit currently has five Asai properties in its pipeline, with three set to open in the Philippines and one each in Thailand and Myanmar.