Accorhotels has announced the latest in a series of acquisitions, with an agreement to buy Chilean hotel chain Atton Hoteles.

The deal will see Accorhotels partner with Chilean group Algeciras to acquire Atton’s portfolio of 11 properties across Chile, Peru, Colombia and Florida, with three hotels currently under development.

Accorhotels will acquire 100 per cent of the management company which operates the hotels, as well as 20 per cent of the property company which owns the assets, with Algeciras acquiring the other 80 per cent.

In a statement Accorhotels said that the properties “will be co-branded with Accorhotels brands, before being fully rebranded to Pullman, Novotel, MGallery and Mercure in the midterm”.

According to the French hotel group the Atton Hoteles brand caters to business travellers within the midscale and upscale sector.

Accorhotels currently operates 335 properties across Latin America, with 166 under development.

The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals, and is expected to complete during the second half of this year.

Accorhotels recently announced plans to acquire Swiss hotel group Movenpick, following the addition of the Australian-based Mantra Group and “elite travel broker” Travel Keys in 2017, and the Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel brands in 2016.,