Beginning this month Lufthansa Group has enhanced its same day rebooking policy for European flex customers.
Travellers purchasing tickets in economy flex or flexible business class categories (as well as those on selected corporate rates) are now able to rebook their seat onto an earlier flight on the same day, without charge.
The group notes that while rebooking was already possible, under the amended policy passengers will no longer be faced with a surcharge to do so, even if the originally selected booking category is no longer available.
Passengers must adhere to the following rules to qualify for the service:
- The flight can only be rebooked on the day of travel, and only if there are still seats available in economy class (for economy flex tickets) or business class (for flexible business class tickets)
- Flights with Lufthansa can be rebooked at lufthansa.com during the online check-in process, through the Lufthansa app, or at the airport check-in kiosks / counters
- Flights with Austrian or Swiss can only be rebooked while checking in at the self-service kiosks or check-in counters
- Free rebookings are not available for codeshare flights, or for those that have already checked in luggage, or purchased additional services such as special foods or an upgrade
- The routing of the new flight must be identical to that of the originally booked ticket
Fellow European airline group Air France KLM offers a similar Go Show rebooking option for earlier same day flights, as well as a recently-extended After Show option for same later same day services.