A new suite of premium travel and dining benefits are now being offered by Mastercard for its Platinum, World and World Elite consumer credit cardholders in Asia-Pacific.
Rewards and services are based around three key areas – travel, dining and peace of mind – and include benefits such as complimentary airport lounge membership, global wifi access, benefits at luxury accommodations, and priority restaurant reservations, among others.
While benefits vary between different card products and issuers, the suite typically comprises the following perks across the three areas:
- Exclusive benefits at luxury hotels and resorts worldwide
- Complimentary membership to more than 800 airport lounges in more than 120 countries with a World or World Elite card
- Preferential rates for chauffeured limousine services at select airports globally for World and World elite cardholders
- Complimentary, unlimited wifi access at more than one million wifi hotspots globally for World Elite cardholders, including in-flight connectivity
- Priority reservations and exclusively curated seasonal menus by notable chefs at 20 of the world’s most renowned restaurants
- Complimentary dining for children aged 12 years and below with every paying adult across 26 participating restaurants in Asia and Australasia
- Complimentary bottle of wine with a minimum spend at over 100 participating restaurants in China, Hong Kong and Singapore
Peace of mind
- Automatic protection for eligible online purchases
- Coverage against costs associated with replacing lost or stolen wallets and items within for World and World Elite cardholders
According to Mastercard’s head of consumer credit for Asia-Pacific, Jenn Ong, the growth of Asia’s affluent populace and this demographic’s changing spending priorities have influenced the new benefits platform, which has been rolled out across the region.
“Growing in affluence and influence, Asia-Pacific’s consumers are shaping the notion of what luxury means today,” said Ong. “Our insights, mined from card spend, travel patterns and consumer journeys, give us a deep understanding into the affluent consumer and their greatest passions.
“Our latest research found that social activities such as overseas holidays and fine dining with loved ones are some of the key priorities amongst consumers in the region. These learnings are especially crucial as we build compelling offers, as part of our commitment to provide cardholders with superior value.”