There will be no Heathrow Express of Heathrow Connect services for six days from Christmas Eve, as Network Rail carries out planned engineering works.
The suspension of services will run from December 24 to December 29 inclusive, although the free terminal transfer service (operated by Heathrow Express) will continue to run.
In addition there will be an amended timetable for both services from December 30 to January 2 as follows:
- December 30 and 31: services will run every 30 minutes
- January 1: services will start at 0600
- January 2: trains will run every 30 minutes until 1600 when a normal service will resume
- December 30 and 31: services will depart every hour and will not call at Hanwell or West Ealing
- January 1 and 2: services will not call at Hanwell or West Ealing
Meanwhile Gatwick Express services continue to be “severely reduced and disrupted” due to an ongoing overtime ban. An RMT conductor’s strike will add to disruption on December 30 and 31.