The “HONG KONG 2017: 3rd Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference” is approaching, with more than 400 delegates from some 30 countries expected to head to Tsim Sha Tsui district’s Hotel Icon next month for the three-day event.
Taking place from June 5 to 7, the event is hosted by the School of Hotel and Tourism Management (SHTM) at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Tourism and hospitality sector thought leaders, practitioners, educators and students will exchange insights related to the innovations and trends in the industry, along with challenges facing the sector in the foreseeable future.
Among the keynote and plenary session topics are:
- Hospitality and Tourism Education and Research Across the Globe
- University and Industry Partnerships
- What is On in Research in Hospitality and Tourism Today
Meanwhile, a number of prominent scholars – including seven UNWTO Ulysses Prize Laureatres – will be sharing their views at the conference.
These notably include:
- Professor David Airey, Emeritus Professor, University of Surrey
- Professor Richard Butler, Emeritus Professor, University of Strathclyde
- Professor Kaye Chon, Dean and Chair Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Dr Jennifer Cronin, President, Marco Polo Hotels
- Professor Eduardo Fayos-Solà, University of Valencia
- Professor Donald E. Hawkins, Eisenhower Professor, George Washington University
- Professor Jafar Jafari, Emeritus Professor, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Professor Pauline Sheldon, Professor Emerita, University of Hawaii
- Mr Jeremy Tredinnick, Editor, Business Traveller Asia-Pacific
Speaking about the forthcoming conference, Dean Kaye Chon, conference chairman and Walter Kwok Foundation professor in international hospitality management, said: “I look forward to welcoming the distinguished speakers and delegates to Hong Kong 2017, who will most definitely experience the organisational and managerial skills of our undergraduate students. The SHTM is proud to have nurtured these young talents to play such a significant role in furthering the development of this dynamic and ever-evolving industry by staging this prestigious conference.”
Delegates and attendees can register for the conference at the SHTM website.