American Airlines is celebrating the 70th anniversary of the opening of its first executive lounge, with 70 days of celebrations including discounts on membership of its Admirals Club scheme.
AA opened its first facility (and what it claims was the industry’s first VIP lounge) in 1939 at La Guardia airport, New York, and to celebrate the carrier is offering a US$70 discount on annual Admirals Club memberships. Non US-residents should enquire at the front desk of any international Admirals Club Lounge, where they will be given a voucher which can be redeemed against annual membership between August 10 and October 19.
Individual lounges within the scheme are also commemorating the anniversary with celebrations on the following dates:
- Chicago O’Hare, Los Angeles and Miami – Thursday August 13
- Dallas/Fort Worth – Tuesday August 25
- London Heathrow – Wednesday August 26
- New York JFK – Tuesday September 22
- Raleigh/Durham – Saturday October 10
- Boston – Wednesday October 14
Finally passengers on one, as yet unspecified flight, will receive two complimentary one-day passes to use at Admirals Club lounges worldwide.
Report by Mark Caswell