• All Nippon Airways has abolished its fuel surcharge for all flights after July 1, following the reduction in price of Singapore kerosene-type jet fuel.
• Japan Airlines has removed fuel surcharge on international flights between July 1 and September 30, following the reduction in price of Singapore kerosene-type jet fuel. It will also begin code-share flights with Korean Air on the Shizuoka-Seoul route starting June 4.
• Kingfisher Airlines will begin daily Bangalore to Dubai services on June 25, using an Airbus A320.
• Qantas is releasing 50 percent more Classic Award seats to its frequent fliers on selected international flights between August 1 and September 15. These additional seats apply to Asia, New Zealand and the US. Routes that are not included are those to and from Noumea, Tokyo, Frankfurt and London.
• Tiger Airways will operate daily flights between Adelaide and Sydney from July 31.
• Virgin Atlantic and Jet Airways are code sharing on the twice daily services between London Heathrow and Mumbai.
• Emirates has rolled out a Business Class promotion of HK$22,580 (US$2,914) from Hongkong to 18 European destinations via Dubai. In the city list are Frankfurt, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Munich, Istanbul, Moscow, Milan, Rome, Venice, Paris, Nice, Vienna, Zurich, London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester and Newcastle. Fuel surcharges are not included. Booking is permitted until June 30 and flights EK001 and EK002 use the Airbus A380. In addition, passengers who fly during the period until September 15 enjoy one night free accommodation in Dubai with breakfast at The Address Downtown Burj Dubai and chauffeur-driven airport transfer during their outgoing or incoming flights. Complimentary chauffeur-driven airport transfer is also available in selected destinations. Check the list of those with this service at www.emirates.com, while for bookings, visit www.emirates.hk
• Scandinavian Airlines in Thailand has a return fare promotion from Bangkok to nine Norwegian destinations and 20 Scandinavian cities. Booking runs until June 3. Travel must be taken between June 16 and September 30. Business Class starts from ThB85,000 (US$2,494), Economy Extra from ThB50,000 (US$1,467) and Economy Class from ThB17,000 (US$498). The cities in Norway are Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Aalesund, Kristiansund, Trondheim, Kristiansand, Molde and Haugesund, while Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki are also part of the offer. Tickets exclude taxes and fees (from ThB12,000/US$352). For bookings, visit www.flysas.com