Will they have Champagne, today?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

I’m up bright and early to take an Emirates flight to Dubai and have succumbed to a ridiculously cheap upgrade to J, that puts the fare a little above a premium economy price, which is worth it as I’m running a workshop and looking forward to four interesting, but high energy days.

However, the in flight entertainment today will be whether the crew manages to keep the Champagne flowing past Istanbul, unlike last time 😉

Will report from DXB!

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

FDOS

Safe travels! But tell us, did the champagne stop because it simply ran out? Or was it more a case of political (or religious) correctness as the plane entered the airspace of the newly-devout Sultan Erdogan?

I have certainly been on flights to the Middle East – on western airlines – where the alcohol is carefully stored well out of sight and the passengers have even half empty glasses politely removed well before the final descent. The irony is that it is often gentlemen in dishdashes and headscarves who object the most!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

No political pragmatism, they simply ran out.The twits.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

They didn’t run out, this time.

Having said that, business was barely, if, half full.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls