Will Qatar Be 1st to Join Oneworld?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

• BigDog.
    Participant

Again am in full concurrance.

KSHaggag
    Participant

By the way ,Bigdog ..I can easily ,frankly write a book about my most recent experience with CX to Down Under in biz class ..an experience like no other in the air ….what had pushed me away was the herringbone seating adoped in biz class ..now that they listened to their customers and are changing the arrangement ,I am back …can share my experience but not in this thread …please let me know if interested to read it …

BigDog.
    Participant

Most certainly KSHaggag.

Also there has been a recent thread here for detailed new biz seat comment.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/CX-New-Business-Class-1?page=2.

Also Papillon53 has been posting more details on his Aussie adventures which was well received. It is the primary reason and benefit of the forum. So am sure a differing experience will be more than welcome.

I concur wrt the Herringbone but had a chance to experience the new biz class seat at a pop-up in London recently – absolutely superb – best in class actually.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Sure ,BD !

I am putting my coordinates at your and other members disposal ….my email address is <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] AND <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] ……………my pleasure !
    Thanks a million for the other threads …..lovely !
    Cheers !

BeckyBoop
    Participant

KSHaggag & Bigdogg, you two are forgetting SQ are currently updating their premium class offering with new Business and First seats and are updating the lounge at Changi…. i expect this to be a real game changer!

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/sia-to-launch-new-premium-seating-next-year

http://www.businesstravelerusa.com/news/singapore-airlines-to-redesign-airport-lounges

Hi BeckyBoop,

Thanks for highlighting my news piece. To avoid confusion, I just wanted to point out that SQ is not in fact currently updating its seating as you mention.

The new seating will not appear until the second half of next year and then only on a small fleet of B777-300ERs which SQ is having delivered from Boeing. It will then appear on a new fleet of B787s and A350s when they arrive from the manufacturers at a date to be announced.

In due course SQ will retrofit its existing planes which would include its flagship A380s but there is no timescale at present.

Alex McWhirter

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks BeckyBoop ..I am aware they are planning to introduce a new ,revamped product ..thanks for highlighting though ….What can one say then ????..SQ has always been a trendsetter ….I am sure it will be a product to fly for !!!..lucky us !!!….thanks !

TominScotland
    Participant

I know that Qatar have announced that they will be joing oneworld in October. I am looking at flight options for early in the month and wondered if anyone knew when exactly the joining will take place or how to find out whether flights will be eligible for BA Tier Points or not? Not so worried about Avios but tier points are of value…..

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello TominScotland ,

I am indeed waiting for this piece of info to consider QR in my plans provided I get points in my BA exec club account ..I am Gold with Qatar but now I will just use them as part of the Oneworld bunch to bridge the gaps whenever needed coz the Qatar Gold membership had been at best described as USELESS…..I believe it is with the start of the WTT winter schedule which should be by October 27th …

TominScotland
    Participant

OK, too late for me then so its back to BA…..

KSHaggag
    Participant

Frankly I am not quite sure but the announcement from their CEO was not precise ,moreover several previous announcements were rather inaccurate ,so to be on the safer side ,I am inclined to believe it is going to be by the end of October …am not sure if Oneworld website has a better info on this or even our Editor ….any clue ?

KSHaggag
    Participant

Frankly I am not quite sure but the announcement from their CEO was not precise ,moreover several previous announcements were rather inaccurate ,so to be on the safer side ,I am inclined to believe it is going to be by the end of October …am not sure if Oneworld website has a better info on this or even our Editor ….any clue ?

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls