Which set of incompetent dumbkopf's ran out of Champage before lunch?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Took a jaunt down to the ME yesterday ex UK, in J, couldn’t have a glass of bubbly with lunch, as they ran out abeam Istanbul.

Three guesses which airline?

Edski777
    Participant

Ah, another passenger with an alcohol problem! 😉
    Try the orange juice, tasty and healthier.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856547]Ah, another passenger with an alcohol problem! ?
    Try the orange juice, tasty and healthier.[/quote]

As Mr Churchill one said, yes, I am drunk, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Ekond222
    Participant

I’ve incurred this issue several times on VA a few years ago, on one occasion I asked a Purser what the issue was, she informed me that VA Champagne allocation process is based on confirmed revenue UC passenger loads and does not include staff or free Premium Economy upgrades made on the day…she further went on to state something similar to:

‘If we suspect there’s going to be a champagne drought on the flight, we will discretely ask staff passengers in the cabin to refrain from ordering champagne but the passengers that are more likely whinge and constantly whine about the lack of Champagne are the Upper-Class wannabees who’ve been upgraded from Premium-Economy, obviously they only complain to compensate for other short-comings they have to endure’. That made me laugh.

FDOS surely this warrants a polite email to the carrier in question and they’ll more than likely offer some kind of service recovery.

capetonianm
    Participant

I never fail to be surprised at the importance people attach to a glass of champagne. Perhaps it’s just because I don’t like the stuff and drink very little of anything. I once flew from BOG to FRA in F and only had a few glasses of water and a cup of tea.

I can understand that if you are looking forward to something and it doesn’t materialise it’s annoying but on this theme in probably in a minority.

SimonS1
    Participant

I do always enjoy the “I don’t like xxx so it can’t be important” style of posting.

Flyboy18
    Participant

I do wonder why you fly with that airline FDOS_UK. Quiet obviously you detest them so much. But the chavs that go to Dubai do like to think that champagne is the only drink to drink while sitting in business.you poor thing, hope you found something else to lubricant your tonsils. Sigh.

Defcon5
    Participant

The Bordeaux they currently have on board is very good!

Edski777
    Participant

FDOS, my friend. Yes, I may in your drunken eyes still be ugly the very next morning. As a real man I am quite happy with that.
    On the other hand: it seems that in line with Mr. Churchill’s lifestyle you will still be intoxicated the next morning. So I will question your ability to judge this issue. 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856567]FDOS, my friend. Yes, I may in your drunken eyes still be ugly the very next morning. As a real man I am quite happy with that.
    On the other hand: it seems that in line with Mr. Churchill’s lifestyle you will still be intoxicated the next morning. So I will question your ability to judge this issue. ?[/quote]

FYI, I have had precisely 2 units of alcohol in the last 12 days.

My reply was in the spirit of being as uniformed and nonsensical as yours – and it seems to have touched a nerve – as they where I come from don’t give out stick if you can’t take it back.

Have a nice day.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856564]I do wonder why you fly with that airline FDOS_UK. Quiet obviously you detest them so much. But the chavs that go to Dubai do like to think that champagne is the only drink to drink while sitting in business.you poor thing, hope you found something else to lubricant your tonsils. Sigh.[/quote]

So which airline do you think it was?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856551]I’ve incurred this issue several times on VA a few years ago, on one occasion I asked a Purser what the issue was, she informed me that VA Champagne allocation process is based on confirmed revenue UC passenger loads and does not include staff or free Premium Economy upgrades made on the day…she further went on to state something similar to:

‘If we suspect there’s going to be a champagne drought on the flight, we will discretely ask staff passengers in the cabin to refrain from ordering champagne but the passengers that are more likely whinge and constantly whine about the lack of Champagne are the Upper-Class wannabees who’ve been upgraded from Premium-Economy, obviously they only complain to compensate for other short-comings they have to endure’. That made me laugh.

FDOS surely this warrants a polite email to the carrier in question and they’ll more than likely offer some kind of service recovery.[/quote]

Thanks for the thoughts Ekond, but it’s not the end of the world and I’m not sure how they could compensate for a slightly annoying issue – I created the post because I wanted to see if anyone owuld guess the carrier – it wasn’t VS, BTW and I was on a paid ticket, not a free upgrade.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856556]I do always enjoy the “I don’t like xxx so it can’t be important” style of posting.[/quote]

Nearly as entertaining as the ‘I never had a bad flight, so you didn’t either’ posts in the other place:-)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Now Mrs. Lp would be very upset if they ran out of Champers and I’m sure she would sympathise with FDOS. Like Capetonian my beverage of choice is sparkling water, ice and lemon (remember to ask for Perrier on EK otherwise you get soda water) and tea. If they do pre-flight drinks it’s always interesting to see who will serve a cup of tea pre-take off and who won’t. Though my experience is limited with them, and despite their provenance serving a tea drinking nation, the airline above we have to guess is unable to provide that beverage pre-flight!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856595]Now Mrs. Lp would be very upset if they ran out of Champers and I’m sure she would sympathise with FDOS. Like Capetonian my beverage of choice is sparkling water, ice and lemon (remember to ask for Perrier on EK otherwise you get soda water) and tea. If they do pre-flight drinks it’s always interesting to see who will serve a cup of tea pre-take off and who won’t. Though my experience is limited with them, and despite their provenance serving a tea drinking nation, the airline above we have to guess is unable to provide that beverage pre-flight![/quote]

Not that airline, either, LP.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls