Which airport lounge surprises the most

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• MarcusUK
    Participant

Virgins Clubhouse is often highlighted on BT, and it is excellent in terms of dining, and facilities. It does not feel like a lounge at all but indeed entering a funky Club.

I agree Bangkok Airways has great lounges for all passengers as a Boutique Airline as it likes to promote. On Koh Samui, this used to be in Coconut roofed open areas, and passengers would sit and relax on the grass, there or the benches at the side, which is at the end of the runway. There is no security or barriers between you and the runway, 300 metres in front.
    That is surprising!

The Skyteam Lounge at T4 LHR always surprises me with design, shape, wall garden, its foods, wine bar, and spa facilities…for LHR, but more that the staff stand up at reception as you arrive to greet you!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Esselle, was the kettle an electric one? I accidently left one there in the early 90’s (don’t ask) and always wondered what happened to it!

esselle
    Participant

LP

Greetings from Altitude at GVA, nice glass of local white in hand.

The kettle was a big stainless square with a tap at the bottom, more boiler than kettle perhaps.

Pierre
    Participant

Thanks MarcusUK to recall the SkyTeam lounge at T4.
    A good one.

skywards
    Participant

I’m also a big fan of the SkyTeam lounge at T4, It was there i used the oxygen bar for the first time in my life and may i say the last.

The worst lounge i’ve ever used was when a friend and i got access to Banjuls first class lounge in The Gambia.

PaulRWoods
    Participant

For the worst I have several favourites: Abuja/Nigeria (better go upstairs to the restaurant – at least it has windows) and Monrovia/Liberia (but that goes for the whole airport) are at the bottom.
    As for the best I do not know, but many are quiet and offer a decent range of snacks and drinks (Kuala Lumpur and Brisbane among them).

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls