Where Is / Was Your First Flight This Year

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Something for the weekend! I’ve just booked my first flight of the year, LH CPT JNB FRA NYC MUC CPT. I got a great fare in F and am really looking forward to trying out F on the 380. However, the fare means I cannot stopover (apart from plane change) so total travel time will be roughly 30 hours each way. That will be the longest trip I’ve made since the 80’s when AMS SIN was just 24 hours!

Anyone else making their first trip this year and where to? Or where was your first trip if already done?

TominScotland
    Participant

My first ‘trip’ of the year (if you can call it that) was far more prosaic – GLA – LGW (train) LHR – GLA……..

This week will set off on GLA-LHR-KUL-BNE-MEL-DXB-MEL-BNE-KUL-LHR-GLA but there are goodly breaks in BNE (twice) and DXB.

Swissdiver
    Participant

My first trip was far less exciting: GVA – DUB – GVA, via CDG (had expiring BlueBiz points to use)… But as written on another thread, this gave me the opportunity to discover the great Belfast city!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

First trip of 2014 was. LHR-AMS-LHR-MIA-MCO (awarded Trusted Traveller status) – LGW-AMS-LGW-First Capital Connect home…

…and very enjoyable it was too…

Edit – above was my third trip, forgot about LHR-FRA-LHR on 2/3 and 8/9 Jan…. those were also very enjoyable too… 🙂

FirstTraveller
    Participant

My first trip for this year is this coming friday LHR-MUC-HKG in LH First class.

HarryMonk
    Participant

My first flight of the year was on 1st January, BA LHR-GOT, hoping it was my last BA flight of the year also

MartynSinclair
    Participant

that bad Harry?? 🙂

ImissConcorde
    Participant

LHR – BOM – TRV in January.
    LHR -HKG – BKK – HKT in February.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Some exciting itineries there. I said to myself this will be the year I’ll stay longer to see the area when I travel. Not just the hotel and meeting place. This resolution already broken. I’m in NY for 48 hours and travelling for 60!!!

Bullfrog
    Participant

Boston to Heathrow, BA First on the day light service. 4 other passengers in First, so a sheer delight in 5 hours 20 minutes.

BAGoldcard
    Participant

An unexpected flight, which was sadly for a funeral from LHR to BHD.

Now in AUH for a great long weekend of sun and warmth and great BA First service to start it all!

PhilipHart
    Participant

LHR-NCE-LHR departed 3rd January to housesit for some friends while they were away in NZ for a few weeks.

It’s a dirty job, etc, etc, etc 🙂

HaggisCH
    Participant

First trip was ZRH-AMS on 2nd Jan for the year-end stock take, and then ZRH-ZAG on 5th for part two… Both trips in economy.

…but looking forward to FRA-BKK-SYD in F on Thai next week

DavidGordon10
    Participant

The first was LHR-CPH-PRG-VIE-KIV-VIE-LIS-CPH-LHR – and that was all in eight days.

The next was LCY-GVA-IST-ALA-IST-LHR – eight days again.

The present trip LHR-TXL and return is tame by comparison.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls