What would be your elevator speech with WW?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• FlightDoctor
    Participant

After a short day trip to Germany I hopped into one of the lifts in arrivals. As people piled in I realised I was standing next to Willie Walsh. Between just two floors there were literally seconds to say something profound but I bottled it and just inanely grinned in his direction.

My (provocative) question is what would have said to him in those vital seconds?

Ekond222
    Participant

…Willie did you drop one?…

GivingupBA
    Participant

what would have said to him in those vital seconds?

“You’re Richard Branson, aren’t you?”

NicEvans
    Participant

So now you know what it feels like in EuroTraveller.

capetonianm
    Participant

What had you been smoking when you employed Cruz?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=839109]After a short day trip to Germany I hopped into one of the lifts in arrivals. As people piled in I realised I was standing next to Willie Walsh. Between just two floors there were literally seconds to say something profound but I bottled it and just inanely grinned in his direction.
    My (provocative) question is what would have said to him in those vital seconds?
    [/quote]

He’s not interested, so I would have said nothing.

MarkivJ
    Participant

[quote quote=839118]So now you know what it feels like in EuroTraveller.
    [/quote]

Lol

stevescoots
    Participant

I cant top what Nic said

FlightDoctor
    Participant

I suppose in hindsight I could have politely offered him a fun-sized chocolate from a pack (only one, mind you) if he didn’t want to go to the hassle of having an evening meal!

canucklad
    Participant

I’d have politely asked him for a couple of stable lads tips for this afternoon’s horse racing. As an owner I’m sure he’d deliver a good return on decent odds.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

would so much like to say in a surprised voice…. “Hey, is that a willie I see before me”….. I am far too respectful though…. 🙂

Swissdiver
    Participant

A head-butt?

Flightlevel
    Participant

[quote quote=839299]I’d have politely asked him for a couple of stable lads tips for this afternoon’s horse racing. As an owner I’m sure he’d deliver a good return on decent odds.
    [/quote]
    “Thanks for a good quarter’s profit’though you don’t get my vote for ATW (or Time!) person of the year!”

K1ngston
    Participant

I would say, “Is that the popular man who is the chairman of a major airline standing there?” and then with glee when he looks up say no not you Willie you’re not at all popular …….

esselle
    Participant

I’d ask him if he was in the right queue to get into the lift.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls