What to expect in BA long haul Y… 1st time since 1996

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

• FormerlyDoS
    Participant

It may be better on a longer LON-MIA sector, than LON-NYC, but even on LHR-DFW, the second meal was only three finger sandwiches and a scone and that was in CW – and I took a picnic with me to avoid this high fat and stodge nightmare.

JordanD
    Participant

Flew LHR-BOM just before Christmas on the evening departure ex-LHR in WT+.

First meal served out of LHR was dinner (served about 60 mins after wheels up, and delayed for me due to the high amount of special meals in the cabin) – this was a choice between an Asian vegetarian dish and a Western Lamb dish. I went for the lamb and it was excellent – have to say I was really impressed, as I knew it was a risk and it more than met expectations; portion size was good as were the accompanying vegetables. [Note: the dessert was smaller, which was a disappointment!]

Second meal about 90 mins out from BOM was also a surprise – previously this was a hot snack item, a sweet and a full bar service (a ‘brunch’ offering). This time it was a breakfast tray – hot main item (in my drowsy state I went for the omelette which was good and filling), orange juice cuplet, nice yoghurt, and edible pre-packaged pastry; coffee/tea service accompanied it. Again, an improvement on the ‘snack’ previously offered.

Hope that helps – I return in WT, so will see how it compares.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls