What is inappropriate content on the Forum?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=826872]“New website” fills me with fear. Just got used to this one – finally!
    Following on from Capetonian, perhaps if we had to add a reason why we’re reporting it it would highlight to the poster a mistake has been made, but also, if not an error, make him/her explain their reasons.

Diverting as others have done from the original thread, I hate this PC world we now live in. Where I have to be careful about what I say in case I offend someone, and everyone seems to be so easily offended nowadays. Where I have to ignore a young child who chooses to play near my seat in a lounge or restaurant in case I’m seen as a pervert, molester or worse for either engaging with them should they choose to speak to me or show me something, or asking them politely to go away if they start to pick up my phone or Tablet. Bring back the old days I say – or were they worse???

[/quote]

I’m looking forward to a new format. Personally, I feel this design doesn’t do justice to the quality and history of Business Traveller which I still love to read 25 years after picking up my first.

As for being PC, if I was reported every time I made friendly but silly faces to kids on the train or in a lounge, I’d be in the slammer for life. But then I live in Greece where this kind of innocent behaviour is not unusual.

capetonianm
    Participant

I usually find if a child (with parent/s) sits across from me or looks at me, I say hello. They often respond and if not the parent usually asks the child to say hello and a few friendly words are often exchanged. I don’t see the problem but then I never take ‘PC’ into account.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls