What are you Treating Yourself to this Christmas

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• AspirationalFlyer2
    Participant

A high end trip to Cuba leaving on 2 January, which is also a 30th birthday present to myself! It is my first time travelling long haul in Iberia business class on their A330-300 so hopefully it will be a good experience!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Gold 2k, fantastic choice of car. Once had the DB7, DB9 and a Vanquish so I know what fun they are to drive.

esselle
    Participant

Gold2K

Yes sir, lovely car, and I agree that the Gaydon visit is a great experience. But it demonstrates Aston’s problem; 20 cars a day is never going to be economic.

My SLS does everything much better than my Astons ever did, but it just does not have the Aston cachet by about 1 millions miles, and it is that which will get me back. Nothing comes close to AM.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Indeed, I treated myself to a Xmas Car … Ordered last February, and really surplus to my needs, but an awesome machine .. a Cayman GT4.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I bought Doctor TOH a 911 for Christmas three years ago – a 1988 Targa, with the Getrag G50 gearbox. She’s staggered to say it’s more than doubled in value since then.

As she was moaning about the lack of power steering, the odd ergonomics and the leaky Targa top (they all do that, sir), I did suggest she sell it and buy a new MX5, but got a stern rebuff.

My birthday present to myself of the H2 was something of a game changer. It’s no secret I’m a bike nut, but this is something different. And it’s that very, very rare thing: a Japanese production motorcycle that is entirely hand built. And it shows.

lloydah
    Participant

I’d love to try that one out on a track TOH. A whole year of hinting and being nice only got me a Fireblade SP, when I really really wanted the RC213V-S. It was explained to me that the divorce might be more expensive:)

TiredOldHack
    Participant

It is an absolutely brutal machine.

No subtlety to it at all. And it’s a long way from being perfect. It’s quite heavy, for one thing. It’s the thirstiest bike I’ve owned since the days when I ran old Kawasaki two-stroke triples. There are sports bikes that are easier to manhandle round corners. There are sports bikes that make similar power, but none does it in the same way.
    OhMyGod, that torque. Zero to 150mph in less time than a Bugatti Veyron.

JohnHarper
    Participant

DavidGordon10 – 24/12/2015 13:23 GMT

I’ll skip the oysters but I too am now the proud owner of a nice new DeWalt cordless drill together with every bit you could wish to imagine. It’s the best present I’ve had in years!

lloydah
    Participant

TOH – Just make sure you wear the right protection, sounds like you might need it, especially on those corners. Sitting here green with envy!

HongKongLady
    Participant

Mine was a bubble bath

Globalti
    Participant

Nothing special really. We bought our son a new Specialized Tarmac race bike and I’m looking forward to doing his first 100 mile ride together when the days are longer and the weather better.

However for my 60th birthday I have been given the opportunity to fulfil a long-held ambition, which is to crew a small Swallow Boat class yacht from Glasgow to Oban, calling at Islay and any other whisky-distilling islands on the way. This will be in May, which is often the best month in Scotland with long days, good weather and too early for the dreaded midges.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

RaveAroundtheWorld: try Taos New Mexico – at xmas around 2 m at the base, sun and powder but less long carving runs and more great steeps & bumps

Schaible
    Participant

Treated myself to a wonderful relaxing week with my wife and kids. From tomorrow the race in and around China will start again.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls