Week-end in RUH

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just opened Septembers BT and there’s a supplement on place to go eat and stay in the UAE. Just glanced at it for now but looks interesting.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Sure, though of that. It is the right option when in Khobar. But from RUH, given the fact there is a flight anyway, there must be a nicer place :-)”

I won’t bother trying to help, next time, then.

I doesn’t require a flight, either, my Saudi colleagues consider it an easy drive.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Muscat is not dry. I went years ago and would be delighted to go back. Stayed at the Al Bustan, which I really enjoyed. Was there for work, but at the weekend went inland to Nizwa and other places and truly loved it. Physically breathtaking and the Omanis very gracious people indeed.

Swissdiver
    Participant

FDoS,
    I do appreciate your help like all the others’. Thanks. This being said, I know Saudis think Riyadh – Manama is an easy drive. This is probably precisely why I don’t want to be on that road :-). They drive there like (thirsty) madmen (I was too enjoying the 200+km/h, but on safe European highway by night (before the radars everywhere), not in the middle of the desert with all the related hazards). Besides, but this is of course very subjective, I was never fond of Bahrain.

Swissdiver
    Participant

LP,
    On a side note, I read now the BT on my iPad. I reckon it is somewhat less enjoyable than on paper, but more practical to carry. And I have them all with me at all time :-). Regarding Dubai meanwhile, I made a comprehensive homework last year as Ms. SD was to join me for our 20th anniversary.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Always enjoyed short stopovers in Cairo and promised myself that I would do the river trip one day.

Last time (quite a few years ago ) the horse that I was riding round the Pyramids bolted ….thought I was a gonner….straight towards that long drop beside the Spinx….just managed to pull it up …before…???

Anyway always stayed in Airports Hotels,good ents.food and beer prices .OK..priority……

Could be a few deals going…mmm …maybe not at the mo

Swissdiver
    Participant

Alexpo,
    Gosh, another madman considering Addis for a week-end! :-). Where did you stay? The Intercontinental is not one, the Hilton looks old… Sheraton and Radisson looks good although I am not a fan of these chains…

Good morning Swissdiver

I stayed at the Hilton. My room was large but furniture did look a bit outdated. Best thing about it was the balcony with views of surrounding mountains. I have just found the following thread:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Best-hotel-in-Addis-Ababa-and-Nairobi

Swissdiver
    Participant

Good morning Alexpo,
    Thanks.
    The Hilton seems to be a good option then (subjectively since I am Gold with them while just basic with Sheraton). That said, I’m keen to better understand what’s happening nearby, in Nairobi. I find quite amazing this to last so many days and just don’t understand why the Kenyans didn’t call the SAS or the GSG9 to the rescue…

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am glad to report I had another stupid idea! BOM! Perfect schedule, nice Interconti hotel by the sea. Working on… 🙂

P.S.: After all, I wasn’t sure Ms. SD would love the idea I’d go to ADD given the recent tensions near-by…

That’s a great idea Swissdiver. Personally, I prefer to be on the coast. And if the flight times are good…

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls