Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia RTW flights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Flightlevel
    Participant

Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia can codeshare from the UK to Los Angeles (LAX) to Australia and UK via Hong Kong (HKG) to Australia – opportunity to take up Virgin Atlantic’s A380 options and provide real competition on these routes and provide a Round The World (RTW) service?

Defcon5
    Participant

I very much doubt they will take up the option, I don’t even think it exists anymore after A350 order?

It’s good VS and VA have finally tied up connections though, been a long time coming!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=847857]I very much doubt they will take up the option, I don’t even think it exists anymore after A350 order?
    It’s good VS and VA have finally tied up connections though, been a long time coming!
    [/quote]

Long time indeed. A reason for the delay has been the very close tie ups Virgin Australia has with Etihad and Singapore Airlines for services to Asia and Europe. I suspect a reason the two Virgins couldn’t meet up was partly due to that. With VA now flying into Kong Kong as well as LAX, as you suggest, there is room for a RTW options AUS-LAX-LHR-HKG-AUS, especially once frequencies improve to Hong Kong.

Would be great to see Virgin Atlantic operating an A380 to LAX and HKG from LHR but probably unlikely given that their future now seems to lie with twins such as the A350 and 787 which are less risky.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Do Virgin Atlantic still have an RTW in association with Singapore(etc) & Air NewZealand? Virgin Aaussi would make a very attractive add on to this.

paulkaz
    Participant

V Atlantic might be a bit embarrassed by V Aus’ superior seat and catering when the passengers swap over.

Review – Virgin Australia 777 Business Class, Melbourne – Los Angeles

PeterCoultas
    Participant

paulkaz the review of MEL-LAX really makes your point….am almost tempted to try it just for their great wine list!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls