US Airways A330-200

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Had checked in on line the evening before, which was straight forward & our pre-selected seats came up. Arrived at LHR in 3 hours pre-departure using Zone H roadside premium check in. Directed immediately to desk manned by a gentleman, explained we were travelling together, but on different bookings. We were asked about how long we had been visting the UK & explained we lived in the UK, despite asking us a number of security questions and having our UK passports. My partner a community paediatrician was asked which hospital he worked in. The bags got labelled with the others name & put on the carousel. No directions to lounge. I asked if the flight was on time as the in bound was 1 hour late, but was told its fine.
    Fast track security good & after getting currency headed to the admirals lounge. Plenty of seating & newspapers, had a coffee some juice and a biscuit, good views of the apron, admiring 340, 787 and a distant 380 etc. Headed to gate a little after scheduled boarding time, ended up in the departure gate area for 10-15 minutes. Business class called to board first, crew very welcoming, settled into seat. Given noise cancelling headsets by BOSE, had a glass of champagne, lunch orders taken & amneity kits given out. I'd pre-ordered the Veg korma and this was acknowledged. Push back about 15 minutes late, but short flight time so looked likely to get to PHL on time. Drinks service began soon after and was given two minatures of Bombay sapphire & a can of tonic with warm nuts. My starter was a arab mezze which was good & the veg korma was outstanding, enjoyed with a glass of edna valley chardonnay. Watched Mr Holmes on the Tv & later 2001 a Space odyssey. Light snack was a vegetarian flat bread & Lilly Obrien cookie with a glass of Montes Sauvignon. Service throughout was friendly & relaxed by David L the purser in his US airways apron & name badge. Amenity kit good with mouth wash as well as tooth brush, moisturiser by wanderlust.
    Arrived at PHL 35 minutes early & business class allowed to disembark first. Good flight, well done

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user peterandrew62 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls