United info/help

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

peter19
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m doing an economy united flight from LHR to EWR next month with a couple other connections. I’m a Lufthansa frequent traveler / star alliance silver card holder which doesn’t really get me any benefits such as lounge access when flying United.
    So my questions are from your experience is the Economy plus worth it for for $120-140ish each way? If you are gold star alliance i hear you get allocated economy plus but silver is only done at check-in based on capacity..is it worth just waiting to see?
    Are the lounges any good at LHR or EWR for united? You can buy passes for these at $50 entry but also have another couple options.

Are there any offers or upgrade to Business options that have worked for anybody?
    The flights out is 777 and back 767 both two class configuration.

Appreciate any expertise.
    cheers
    Peter

robo5885
    Participant

Peter
    I am a *Gold and for the past few years United have always charged for the EcoPlus seats, so I now always book them. Being 2m tall I want to have an exit so cant risk a middle seat allocation at the airport.
    The service is no different on board, its just the legroom you get for your money. The UA Red carpet lounges at EWR are basic at best, but at least you get a seat and wifi which is more than in the terminal itself. LHR has good comfortable lounges (fortunately I dont have to pay)

Rob

Nogbad01
    Participant

I recently flew MAN to EWR on their 757. IMHO the premium seats were worth the extra. Legroom in basic economy was pretty small.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Definitely worth the extra for economy plus. Makes the journey more bearable. I thought only United Gold get economy plus for free (silver get it at check in if available).

peter19
    Participant

Thanks to all for the information. I’m not familiar with united so i will head off and book the eco+ seats. I don’t feel its worth risking the wait to see at the airport if these are available.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls