United Airlines B777-200 (Version 4) United Economy Plus (mid and long-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TracieSampson
    Participant

After a miserable trans-continental flight on United my sister and I still had an international flight and a return flight of almost 6000 miles to go so we upgraded to economy plus. That was the best extra $600 I spent for the whole trip.

The trans-atlantic flight was better for service and comfort in the first place but with economy plus we were able to get two seats in a two seat row. It was like having our own little cubby.

The food was alright and the entertainment was great.

The service was horrible. There was someone behind us who seemed to be on drugs and was talking very loudly (almost yelling over the engines) all night and the crew wouldn’t do anything about it even though it was an overnight flight and most people had minimal chance to sleep as it was.

Since it was a night flight, the crew were happy to retire down below as much as possible and leave everyone to dry out and freeze (another passenger took my blanket and the crew basically said too bad, they don’t have extras).

Also, the crew had stowed some of their bags in our overhead bin which clearly stated it was reserved for our seats.

Overall it was a good experience though. It was so much better than the domestic flight. There was a ton more room and the extra 6″ or so with plus made a world of difference. The fact that you get in seat entertainment on international (nothing on the 6.5 hour domestic leg) and it is free and has up to date movies was pretty cool.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls