Uber pickup Heathrow T5.. where do you meet?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Question – where do you arrange to meet your Uber driver.. no need to be met inside the terminal?

Never used Uber from Heathrow before…

K1ngston
    Participant

Martyn, I dont know this for sure, but at Term 2 you arrange in the car park which is attached as is the car park at T5, I guess its on a certain floor which would make sense!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

This is what we had on the previous thread

Getting from Heathrow to Central London

Uber

Heathrow regulates Uber drivers (and other car share services)

Instructions to passengers are here

Where to meet your driver at LHR Airport

T2 | Level 1: Row L | Wait for your driver at Short Stay Car Park 2

T3 | Level 3: Row A | Wait for your driver at Short Stay Car Park 3

T4 | Level 1: Central Lifts | Wait for your driver at Short Stay Car Park 4

T5 | Level 1: Row A & F | Wait for your driver at Short Stay Car Park 4

Swissdiver
    Participant

In the parking in front of the terminal. It is a bit messy though, as you will be given a parking lot but no specific pick-up point.

While I am a heavy Uber user, London is the one place where I don’t use them so much, preferring the black cabs in the city (their knowledge can not be matched by a GPS) and Heathrow Express from LHR. I’ve tried also Green Tomato’s cars (their driver are waiting in the hall) which was all right.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Swissdiver – if it was central London I was going to it would be the tube..

I need to go west, to my office in Windsor…

Heathrow really should designate a mini cab / uber meeting point rather than the drivers self designating the same part of the car park in each terminal…

trident3
    Participant

“T5 | Level 1: Row A & F | Wait for your driver at Short Stay Car Park 4”

Is that your typo, or HAL’s ? (at a guess, I’d say T5 pax meet their Uber in Car Park 5, not 4?)

T3

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My worries were unfounded…

When you order an Uber at Heathrow, the app tells you where to wait and I got a phone call from the driver within 30 seconds of confirming.

Apparently, the drivers of all mini cabs / ubers do have an official waiting area by T3 which costs them £1 per hour. I also understand that the uber drivers have sequencing so its not a free for all, they have to wait their turn which can take between 1 – 2 hours. They are allowed to refuse one job, but if they refuse a second, they go to the back of the q.

I waited 10 minutes for the uber in T5 (which was the time taken to get to T5 from their holding area) and got to my office in Windsor very slightly early. Cost £23.00

From Windsor to North London, I ordered another uber and that came within 2 minutes and was charged £46.

Black cabs would have been nearly double.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls