Turkish Boeing Purchase

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Johnnyg
    Participant

Announced today, and in my mind an unusual move, whilst most airlines are going for A350 and Boeing 787 and others are retiring their 747’s as fast as they can Turkish come up with this deal. Boeing must have offered exceptional terms.

https://www.aerotime.aero/en/aviation-finance/deals-and-transactions/19823-turkish-airlines-to-buy-8-747-8i-jumbo-jets.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I love the 748. Only flown it with Lufthansa so if Turkish do buy it I’ll seriously consider flying them.

Flightlevel
    Participant

To keep productìon open for freighters and AirForce1 in the future,ceřtainly better marketing than Airbus A380s.

openfly
    Participant

It seems odd that Boeing is reopening a production line for just 8 aircraft. Desperate measures and obviously TK have ordered the aircraft at very cheap prices and terms. One can only assume that, with the A380 falling out of favour, then Boeing are hoping to revive the Jumbo market….hope so! BA are you listening?!

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Openfly, BA never listens!

openfly
    Participant

Oh yes…silly me!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Of course, BA listens, and act accordingly. Remember, they introduced BoB following the customers’ request…
    More seriously, I am thrilled to see another airline going for the beautiful B747-8!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I know the article refers to these aircraft as “New Turkish Airlines planes” – but are they all new builds…

Wasn’t there talk recently of LH planning to stop flying the -800?? Is this potential order related to the LH strategy change..?

MarkivJ
    Participant

LH flies the 748 to BLR and I absolutely love it!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls