Travel to Chennai – India

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

MMalins1
    Participant

I have to travel to Chennai for business early April. This wil be my first to India. A few questions:
    1. Do you need inoculations/vaccines?
    2. Can you use the tap water for showering/tooth brushing?
    3. Any recommendation for hotels in Chennai?

Thank you!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

No vaccinations are required for entry into India but I’d recommend Hepatitis, Typhoid and Tetanus.

There have been several outbreaks of ecoli but i’d imagine the 4/5 star hotels have good filtration systems so fine to shower. As for teeth brushing I’d assess the situation when there.

You can buy small portable water testers to check if the water is safe and I’d recommend one of these.

Safe travels.

MrMichael
    Participant

As LP states, some inoculations are highly adviseable, particularly if like me you are a lover of street food.

I was there not long ago and stayed at the Taj Clubhouse. It claims five star, I would say closer to 4. MrsM gave it 4.3. Nice property, great pool, we liked where it was. Regarding teeth cleaning. We always used bottled water for teeth it is supposed to be safe but I am on the cautious side when it comes to that sort of thing (not so cautious when it comes to street treats!). Showers are A1.

BTMEEditor
    Participant

Look out for the 5 page feature in our April issue!

Our writer highlights Somerset Greenways Chennai, Grey Suit Chamiers, Hilton & Park Hyatt (plus plenty of F&B options).

MMalins1
    Participant

Apologies for not replying earlier – I was not aware I had received reactions to my query

Thank you all so much for your answers.

I have decided to go with the Hilton in Chennai as they made me a good package deal for the rooms and the meeting rooms I needed for my visit.

I have taken the vaccinations LuganoPirate has recommended (sore arm now for the past 10 days 🙁 )

I hope the showers will be reliable at a reputable hotel like the Hilton…

Thank you again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls