Transferring at LAX

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• DanielRawson
    Participant

I wonder if anyone is able to assist please as I have tried to ask this question several times on twitter with LAX and have just been ignored.

I’m planning on flying in from Las Vegas on an AA flight which lands at T4 and then getting a BA flight from Tom Bradley International Terminal. Do I have to pass through security again or is it a simple transfer. I’m trying to work out how much time to leave myself. I am travelling on the 21:55 to LHR and would ideally like to get the AA flight from LAS which arrives at 20:15. Am I pushing it? With it being with One World members but on separate tickets will they check my bags through from LAS to LHR.

Many thanks in advance.

UKFly79
    Participant

These two terminals at LAX are now linked together via a walkway it takes around 10 minutes to walk from one to the other, and you won’t need to pass security again as you remain airside.

In terms of checking the bags through I don’t know if AA will do that for you on two bookings….. although I have had this done in the past by AA.

I don’t know about the minimum connection times at LAX; it would not be an issue if you were HBO however if I were you I’d allow perhaps another hour just in case you need to collect and re check your baggage.

Intheair
    Blocked

Daniel

I have done this at LAX recently and it works. But I would be worried about your hold baggage, as if they don’t check the bags through you might be short of time. The new internal connection is great though.

Good luck

mkcol74
    Participant

@DanielRawson I wouldn’t be concerned if your bags aren’t checked through…..so long as your LAS is on time, as it’s quite a short stroll from T4 around to TBIT landside. If T4 is looking quiet you could just re-clear security there & than wander along the interconnector mentioned above.

DanielRawson
    Participant

Thanks Folks for the advice. Plenty of food for thought. As ever the best place for first hand information.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls