The new BA website "beta" version

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=794990]

Maybe BA systems are just legacy systems

My understanding is that the reliability and quality of the BA IT system is the result of a recent upgrade to a new Customer Data Warehouse based on Oracle and code named “Oceanwave”

[/quote]

So you think BA IT systems are a datawarehouse?

Really?

No other systems involved?

Charles-P
    Participant

SIGH – No I do not think that “BA IT systems are a datawarehouse” (sic) – I think that BA recently upgraded a part of its IT infrastructure that included a move from a legacy database to the latest Oracle object-relational database management system. A little research on your part would also reveal to you their changes in the front end web page structure and the document tree. Is that somewhat clearer now ?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=794992]SIGH – No I do not think that “BA IT systems are a datawarehouse” (sic) – I think that BA recently upgraded a part of its IT infrastructure that included a move from a legacy database to the latest Oracle object-relational database management system. A little research on your part would also reveal to you their changes in the front end web page structure and the document tree. Is that somewhat clearer now ?

[/quote]

A little research on your part would have informed you that Oceanwave was a project of the early 2000s, which I am well aware of. In fact, I know some of the team who designed and implemented the solution. It was a contemporary of Project Dusk, for those who knows what that was.

By the way, your use of technobabble is very amusing. I’d put it on a par with the Dilbert mission statement generator for producing impressive sounding, but vacuous statements.

Charles-P
    Participant

This is getting very amusing.

So now you are now “well aware off” project Oceanwave. I have no idea what you mean by “technobabble” – perhaps there is somebody in your office who could explain things to you if the post contains words and phrases you don’t understand ? If not my Grandson will be rising from his nap soon and could probably help – let me know what is best for you.

I too enjoy the cartoons of Gilbert, one of my favorites concerned a man who was so determined to win an argument on the internet he eventually exploded with frustration at being unable to have the last word, so in that spirit and with my fears for your health uppermost in my mind I will leave the last word to you.

Have a nice day.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=794996]This is getting very amusing.

So now you are now “well aware off” project Oceanwave. I have no idea what you mean by “technobabble” – perhaps there is somebody in your office who could explain things to you if the post contains words and phrases you don’t understand ? If not my Grandson will be rising from his nap soon and could probably help – let me know what is best for you.

I too enjoy the cartoons of Gilbert, one of my favorites concerned a man who was so determined to win an argument on the internet he eventually exploded with frustration at being unable to have the last word, so in that spirit and with my fears for your health uppermost in my mind I will leave the last word to you.

Have a nice day.

[/quote]

It’s Dilbert, you doos. Gilbert was the librettist for Sullivan.

I have no idea what you mean by “technobabble”

Let me help you with that.

I have no idea

There, fixed it for you.

Have a nice day, too.

At least I know that you regard a 15 year oldproject as ‘recent’, that adds some perspective to your views – BA was a top class airline in those days.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls