Terminal 5 schoolboys

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• DavidGordon10
    Participant

Andrew66 – it is the underwiring in a bra that may show up.

A possibly more harmless variant of this was at MAN some years ago. A female security attendant was asking for some women’s shoes to be x-rayed, but not all shoes. Nothing remarkable in that, except that I observed a pattern in the shoes she chose for the x-ray. So I put it to her that there was a pattern: and (laughing) she admitted it. The really fancy ones – by Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, and so on – were x-rayed, but not the routine ones. She just liked really nice shoes.

Andrew66
    Participant

For a minute there David as I was reading through your post i thought you were going to say she liked sniffing or stroking them !!!
    I understand that a bra has underwiring because that sometimes sets off the AMD gates , but then the situation becomes worrying because 2 male guards have to be in collusion , the xrayer spots the underwiring and decides that his fellow male guard should check the bag so he can have a snigger , and because of the mixed crews on security a female guard is likely to check bags just as often as a male .
    I’m not saying this does not happen catergorically but I doubt it’s rife . In these central search areas CCTV is capturing every moment and this is used in disciplinary matters if guards do not search properly , they are trained to be discreet in searching passengers bags , if I was stringfellow and they had tried to embarrass me in the way they did him I would ask to see a supervisor and ask them to view the CCTV because the behaviour of the guard was not appropriate

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls