Technology helping rebooking in Bad weather cancellations

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

Hi All

I was caught in the NYC snow storms in the last few days.

I have to say that AA were very efficient in the rebooking. (all via their app)

Even before I was caught up (2 days out) I received an email from AA saying there may be some problems so were allowing more fleibility in flight terms for voluntarily rebooking etc. I hoped for the best.

As soon as there were problems, My AA app pinged saying my flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on the next one still expected to fly. I selected my seat on the new flight via the app and got my electronic boarding pass. This allowed me to make new hotel plans asap.

This process repeated another time when the 2nd flight was cancelled (major snow drifts etc).

24 hours later, I got out and then kept getting gate announcements via the app.

Impressive, and how it should be.

BTW the Flagship lounge in JFK is wonderful

capetonianm
    Participant

As you say, it’s how it should be.

The reacc process in the airline’s inventory and distribution systems is set up to do this automatically where there is a flight disruption. All that the app is doing is communicating that to impacted pax.

In the old days airline staff would do all that manually and then have to phone pax.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls