T5 International to Domestic Connections

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

First time I have made the international to domestic transfer at T5 for a few weeks and I was pleasantly surprised to see the introduction of electronic checks for boarding passes after the UK Border Immigration desks (where there no longer appears to be separate lanes for UK/ EU and non-UK/EU passengers). Photos are taken as part of this checking process. There is then a much more attractive route to South Security (previously it was North) but there is no priority lane. Maybe this is because of the introduction of direct lounge access via security for Heathrow-originating passengers?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Tom.. if you are still around I’m in the F lounge…

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks, Martyn

I was there 06.30 – 08.00 this morning!! Now thankfully at home – always a slightly useless day after a night flight (mine just from Dubai) and I was upgraded from WT+ to Club so cannot complain about comfort either. Lovely afternoon – the dog will go for a walk, whether he wants to or not!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Enjoy your walk… next time… I guess at 6.30 am, flight connections was clear up the stairs – so you didn’t need to use the Wing…

TominScotland
    Participant

2 minutes through Security, yes

FDOS_UK
    Participant

The slow up has always been the UK Border, no EU priority, no egates.

Try being stuck behind a large foreign family, with paperwork that’s challenging and it gets very frustrating – once through, it was never a problem with Fast Track.

The UK border is such a pain, that I invariably land myself and then take the elevators up, which is an indictment of Border Force’s provisions in the Internation to Domestic channel.

esselle
    Participant

I have found international to domestic in T5 to be a complete lottery. Consistent mediocrity is, in my view, much better than absolute uncertainty. Worst of all worlds is the fact that, once you pass the transfer area, BA staff are nowhere to be seen and you’re left to the mercy of the “security” teams who couldn’t give a t**s about your circumstances.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls