Swiss poised to inaugurate Bombardier CSeries operations at LCY

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

It appears Swiss will launch its first scheduled Bombardier C Series service into London City (LCY) on August 8.

Readers should find the Bombardier aircraft, with its roomier cabin, an improvement on the aircraft which Swiss has been using to date.

According to Swiss.com the C Series will operate LX466 ZRH-LCY (1715-1755) and return to ZRH with LX467 (1845-2120).

Its other flights into LCY will, for the time being, operated by Helvetic using Embraer 190 equipment.

Swiss had been preparing for this move around a fortnight ago when it carried out a number of training flights at LCY using the Bombardier C Series aircraft.

The latter received LCY certification last April as we reported at the time.

Bombardier CS100 approved for London City

Flightlevel
    Participant

2 British airlines have taken data on Air Baltic so will IAG buy shares and improve their LCY service with CS100/300s?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m glad to see they have the 2 / 3 seat configuration meaning in business you will have no-one next to you. They are now using it on the ZRH-MXP route for certain flights but I’ve yet to fly it.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

A video from today as Peter Koch, Captain, Senior Director, Fleet Chief Bombardier C Series talks about the entry of the CS100 into London City Airport

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Interesting. Thanks Tom.
    That looked like the Senator lounge on the D pier?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Quite correct !

FDOS_UK
    Participant

That’s a terrible livery or the new CS1000.

Looks like a bomber. 😉

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, I think that was the test aircraft!

I’d upload a photo of the livery but as you can see, I can’t even upload a picture of the wine bucket in the Senator Lounge at the moment.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Tom

My comment was ‘tongue in cheek’, I realise it was a ‘green’ airframe.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls