Swiss impress with Economy Catering in Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I fly Swiss quite a bit in Y and sometimes J (in Europe).

On a Return leg from LIS to ZRH, I was expecting the usual sandwich roll or Quiche (as has been the case in the last 3-4 years).

However, I recieved a solid plastic white Box, containing a serving of cold Chicken curry rice, a small pastry desert and some cheese. with Plastic knife and fork etc. All very tasty and well presented.

The usual glass bottle of wine and coffee/tea accompanied.

This being a 2h15 flight, the crew did a 2nd drinks run and the usual Chocolates were distributed later in the flight.

Great to see Swiss offering a fabulous product in Y.

As a BAEC Gold, I am embarassed at what BA offer and their direction. Could not be more different.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

There may be changes ahead for Swiss’ catering.

Swiss to adopt buy on board at Geneva?

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I had a similar experience with Lufthansa from Athens to Frankfurt on a 6.30pm flight. A hot meal was served. Aegean are the same. But I wonder what looms ahead given what AMcWhirter has posted above. ;-(

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Even if only a sandwich and a drink, even a G&T, plus the usual chocolate, at least Swiss offer something included in the Economy fare at no extra charge. It’s why I fly them a lot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls