Swiss advanced my flight departure time by 11 hours… but haven't told me yet !

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I am booked to depart ZRH with Swiss for a weekend away in the Med (next week). I booked this flight 4 weeks ago. The departure time was 1720Hrs.

I logged onto my Swiss account and now see the flight is scheduled to depart at 0620 Hrs. There are no other flights to my destination that day. The next one is late on Saturday evening.

SWISS have not sent me an email yet. (I noticed the change a few days ago but decided to wait a few days to see when they would. I am SWISS Silver FTL)

I have done a google search to see if E261 applied or some other statutory compensation exists (because I now look to be losing a day’s work on Friday because of this) but there seems to be noting on the Net. Also I was looking foreard to a leisurely evening departure to the Med and have no real desire to have to get up for a 0620 departure.

Any ideas as to how I should approach this? I have already prepaid for a hotel and hence cancellation is not really an option. also the new flight time will require me renting a car for 1 extra day.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Without sounding funny, I would suggest the best starting point is to call Swiss to establish whether this change is correct & what your options are…

Could they get you to your destination via somewhere in a timely manner?

If all else fails & you do not want to travel, next port of call should be your travel insurers…

penfold69
    Participant

I seem to remember EU261 stating that if a change is made within 2 weeks of your flight, resulting in a delay of more than 2hrs getting to your final destination, then you may be due compensation, depending on how long your flight is. I’m not sure if this is still the case though.

Cloud-9
    Participant

If you threaten EU261 you may find they will book you on a other airline completely

Worth a go

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls