Surviving Coach

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=818927]My humble guess is that some people have some difficulty understanding and appreciating each others kind of hunour. No need to get nasty gentlemen!
    It’s almost weekend, relax.

[/quote]

Did you hear the one about the (insert race/religion as required) who (insert deprecating statement as required)?

Have a nice weekend.

EruditeSheep
    Participant

For those of us that have endured the “pleasures” of extended flights on a C130 Hercules on canvas webbing seats with the noise and the most basic of amenities, seats in coach are a positive luxury. See:

Inside Lockheed C130 Hercules

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Gosh, I hope we’re not going to be too politically correct on this forum. Clearly FDOS was trying to be humorous as were others, so let’s not read too much into it and spoil what has become an amicable forum.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Shome mistake surely EruditeSheep. That photo is clearly Ryanair’s version of Premium Economy! πŸ˜‰

K1ngston
    Participant

Back to the subject matter, I have to do all my travel in Y this is company policy (my company so I make the policy) and I find a couple of rules help:

1. Don’t think about the the people in J and F, it only winds you up πŸ™‚
    2. Bring with you a very good pair of headsets so you can avoid the person who always wants to talk about their lives!
    3. Always be nice to the staff, they do speak and will make your life easier
    4. Remind staff of your status if you have any and that will also help
    5. Sit back (annoying the person behind you) and remember the days you could turn left when getting on a plane ..

After that …. easy peasy!!

travelsforfun
    Participant

K1ngston,

Further to your list, with regards to number 2., I mostly enjoy conversing with fellow travellers – but I find that people are much more likely to strike up conversation in Business than Economy. I don’t know if that’s because in Business a) people are more relaxed, b) it’s easier to retreat into one’s space if one needs to and/or c) people assume everyone else up front is a good egg and there aren’t any nutters!?! [However mistaken the assumption…]

As for 4., how to remind them of your status without sounding like a DYKWIA (Do-You-Know-Who-I-Am)? On any airline which has got its act together, surely the crew should already have that information to hand?

K1ngston
    Participant

travelsforfun, the trouble with striking a conversation with anyone is being able to control when it ends so to your point its far easier to retreat when up the front.. I made the mortal mistake of striking up an innocent conversation with a women who was sitting next to me coming back from BNE to SIN and she really didnt come up for air the whole trip, I knew about her affair, the kids the mother in law, in fact everything I never wanted to know about her (it could have been a man)

I have never made the same mistake again….

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls