Superb service, Flybe

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Just want to note really good response to a minor problem by Flybe. We flew GLA – SOU a few days ago. Arrived to find our checked back minus a wheel. I filled in the form at the baggage desk and we went on our way. Less than 24 hours later, I received a call from their baggage handling agency, to get details of the bag. Without discussion, he said that they have one similar in stock and it would be delivered to our home address the next day. And, indeed, on arriving home last night, there it was, looking great!! Perfect response and a very satisfied Flybe-er.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

That’s a top class response and similar to the response received from easyJet in Autumn last year (thought they had to order in a suitable replacement) – it’s good to hear that decent airlines still provide decent service.

A bit different to my experience with BA at MAN, late last year, when part of the integrated TSA lock was sheared off my case.

‘That is a protruding part and BA does not pay for those’.

stevescoots
    Participant

I had similar with KLM a while back. the front pouch on my case was torn off. 24 hours later i had a call to offer a close replacement now or the same one if i would wait a while.

David
    Participant

I totally agree, a similar thing happened to me, expected to have a fight on my hands, and Flybe staff couldn’t have been nicer, and replaced the bag very quickly.

Why not stop there, a number of times I have had to change to later flights, expecting an argument, but no they just changed my flight, no questions asked, what a difference prepared to other airlines.

Even cabin crew, are allowed to have personalities, and not robots, great being on planes where crew are chatty with the passengers, and some crew on Flybe have very big personalities, especially some of the Scottish crews!

David

esselle
    Participant

On your point, David, a number of Flybe crew are ex BA (can’t remember when/how that link was made), and typically old school BA, meaning they love their job, are confident and professional, and know just how to take care of passengers.

canucklad
    Participant

I know that there’s many people here who like to have a pop at a certain airline, but I have to say when my bag was BAshed there was no quibbles, just an apology and a replacement bag delivered to my home 2 days later..

The cynic, might suggest it was because I was a gold card holder at the time, never the less an excellent response to a unexpected hiccup.

And now back to FlyBe, just had another faultless experience with them, with the exception of the daft lassie at CWL, who eventually redeemed herself with a bit of self-deprecating humour , unintentionally I might add.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

canucklad, out of interest, did you report your damage to a BA employee or outsourced third party contractors?

My experience was with the latter and called BA as soon as I got home, to be informed that BA would replace the case.

Maybe contractors are incentivised to save claims – they didn’t even want to fill in a PIR form at the airport and marked it ‘courtesy – for insurance purposes only’.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi FDOS, I’m assuming he was an outsourcer as I reported it at EDI, however he did behave as if he was representing BA, and not Swissport or whoever it is they use..

Airtravel104
    Participant

It is certainly true that different strokes for different folks. Not everyone gets the same treatment and that makes people mad. Airlines and their staff can either choose to be nice or enforce the party line. There is indeed no telling what kind of treatment one might get, these days particularly since interpersonal dealings are getting more and more complicated in a global world with very different values and standards of behavior toward others, particularly strangers.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=817482]It is certainly true that different strokes for different folks. Not everyone gets the same treatment and that makes people mad. Airlines and their staff can either choose to be nice or enforce the party line. There is indeed no telling what kind of treatment one might get, these days particularly since interpersonal dealings are getting more and more complicated in a global world with very different values and standards of behavior toward others, particularly strangers.

[/quote]

Whilst you make good points, the ‘third way’ I see regulalry from airline staff is to enforce rules they make up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls