Star Alliance and Air Malta

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

excessbaggage
    Participant

There are reports that Star Alliance is in talks with Air Malta about the carrier joining the alliance. I guess we shouldn’t be too surprised given half the world’s airlines seem to be joining or already members of Star these days….

RoadKing
    Participant

Half of the world’s airlines, evidently not from South America. Anyone know if any airliner there will enroll?

Senator
    Participant

While Star Alliance is growing to become a juggernaut, the benefits to FF are great. Independent of which airline I fly with as Star Gold, I always feel well taken care off.

In regards to the South American market, TAM Brazil will join sometime in the near future http://www.staralliance.com/en/press/press_releases/2008/tam_join.html

Tallyhochaps
    Participant

Is it realy Star Alliance or Lufthansa Alliance now, given the recent so called mergers/bail outs with BMi, Austrian, SAS etc…..part of the greater Lufhansa global takeover maybe?….Malta will probably just become another Lufthanse hub for North/Central Africa etc, I am sure there will be greater ‘due diligence’ with TAM after the demise of VARIG

Ricjackal
    Participant

Hey come on guys not all of us get to fly with all the Big Player s ( well only couple times a year !!! )
    My Company has several investment s in Malta and i normally do 20 – 25 returns a year all with Air Malta .
    For a small National Airline they do very well Having good Timekeeping results at LHR and a good product.
    Also Their entry into the Star Alliance would make ticketing and through travel that much easier for our company and others.
    Good Luck.

RoadKing
    Participant

I believe the EU is turning down the merger on Lufthansa and Austria.

Scandinavian is losing so much money and downscaling their operations so heavily I doubt any company would be interested in them. If they stay alive, it will probably be as a regional airline.

Lufthansa themselves are losing money by the bucket these days, so I figure they may be happy to let go on Austrian.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls