SQ axes NRT – BKK flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

bmidcfan
    Participant

Just had a call from BMI call centre telling me Sq has cancelled its daily NRT- BKK. We were booked on the route to connect with Lufthansa from BKK – KUL.
    Alternative with ANA and Thai? Wanted Sq from NRT to SIn then to KUL. No such luck , even in bad times Sq is not giving star alliance members seats on its flights, well not business or first anyway!

katsu2223
    Participant

I had a BKK-NRT-BKK ticket in C class. SQ allowed me to take flights via SIN on A380. It was actually a nice surprise for me. I am a BD fan too.

bmidcfan
    Participant

I am using my miles on business class but DC call centre is not allowing change on to other SQ flights. Was yours a fully paid ticket?

katsu2223
    Participant

Yes, it was a fully paid ticket. If you are flying TG, I recommend you take flights on 772. Great C seats. I think TG seats are better than NH seats. But NH offers better food.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Thanks. I have been offered ANA, but I am hoping fot TG 772 and yes I know the seats are great on the 7772 , 2-2-2! But thanks for the tip that the ANA food is better.

GuyBetsy
    Participant

The reason why you couldn’t fly on SQ flights. Cos the midnight flight SQ flies from SIN are on the new A380 aircrafts and SQ does not release those seats on other airlines’ FFP (award seats) for Business or First class. The day flights are available but as the flight goes on to LAX, it may be full.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls