SOS Parachute: The New Must Have Exec Accessory?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Saw this on the news this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roz3jtLyMWk

A remarkable new SOS parachute which is tethered and so can be used to jump more safely from tall office buildings, hotels or apartment complexes.

Not really certain it would be safe in an emergency, particularly in built up areas where the inexperienced are likely to simply thwack into nearby buildings on their way down.

An interesting development, nonetheless.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seems to be fully open after falling 4 floors then a further 2 to slow down, so only good from say floor 7 upwards. Even then, inexperienced jumpers would likely suffer broen limbs at best or death at worseif you land in the middle of a busy highway or indeed smash against another building.

I guess it would have a use in cataclysmic events such as 9/11 where there was no chance of rescue above the floors where the planes hit, but otherwise would need a good act of faith to jump with it.

Personally I’d rather wait for the rescue services with wet towels at the bottom of the door and all the other things I’ve learnt about in years of travel but happily have never had to try.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

As an aside, I can see many foolish people trying it out just for the fun of it to see if they can land in the pool and so on. Perhaps not really a good idea?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’m not sure what this has to do with business travel and it’s just more of Krug’s spam. Could it be deleted please?

JordanD
    Participant

I don’t normally bite, but Henkel, seeing as BT Magazine (the print version) has a gadget section almost every issue, and the above is a ‘business’ gadget, I think it really fits within the type of things covered by the magazine.

As ever, if you don’t like something being discussed, you don’t have to contribute to the topic.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Hhaha love it!!! 🙂

Reminds me that you can also do jumps for charity!!

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/charity

Go on Henkel give it a go?

VintageKrug
    Participant

….without the parachute? 😉

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 08/05/2013 08:43 GMT

Hhaha love it!!! 🙂

Reminds me that you can also do jumps for charity!!

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/charity

Go on Henkel give it a go?

VintageKrug – 08/05/2013 08:52 GMT

….without the parachute? ;)”

More abuse from the Krughandles. No surprises there.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ VintageKrug – 08/05/2013 08:52 GMT
    @ Henkel.Trocken – 08/05/2013 09:24 GMT

Go on, just take a deep breath, count to 100, contemplate your navel and don’t respond….

This started out as whimsical; it has promptly turned into an exercise in axe-grinding. It gets to be seriously boring after the 500th repeat.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Henkel, how was mine abuse, when i am encouraging charity work?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

” BeckyBoop – 08/05/2013 09:35 GMT

Henkel, how was mine abuse, when i am encouraging charity work?”

Obviously you learned nothing as a result of your abusive thread created to bully another poster a few weeks back. That was stupid and insightless too.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

???

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@ BB

you havent mentioned the BA food festival in this thread yet…..something wrong?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

lol good point but i am having difficulty in finding a connection between the two 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls