‘Sorry, there’s a problem with our systems’

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• nmtraveller
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to book a flight to CPT in WTP and upgrade with avios to J. There seems to be plenty of availability (surprisingly, although only via JNB) but when I move to the price page, i get the message “Sorry, there’s a problem with our systems etc”. I thought this was a general issue with BA website as they often have.

But if I try to do the booking only for the LHR-JNB portion then everything works fine.

Has anybody encountered the same issues? Of course I could do two separate booking for s LHR-JNB then JNB-CPT but not very efficient.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think the problem is that WTP is not offered on the JNB-CPT route. Try a dummy booking in C or Y and see if that works.
    I’m surprised you can’t find a direct flight to CPT though. I’d definitely pursue that option as it saves changing and immigration is much easier at CPT than it is at JNB. Not to mention the total travel time is at least 4 hours faster.

nmtraveller
    Participant

You’re correct. I tried a dummy booking in Economy and it worked (with the CPT-JNB portion upgraded to Business, weirdly). Does that mean the WTP booking with upgrade to CW cannot be done online then?

And I agree the direct route would be much preferable but for my dates next month there is no redemption available unfortunately.

BRMBarista
    Participant

I recently tried to upgrade a WTP to J ticket for a flight to Lagos. The system worked fine then crashed, so I telephoned BA and was told that their website does not allow avios upgrades from existing tickets at the present time, but that the capability would be provided later in the year. Either the woman on the phone didn’t have a clue what she was talking about, or maybe it’s a wider problem.

ConstantFlyer
    Participant

BA’s World Traveller Plus/Premium Economy cabin is only on long haul routes(*). The sector from JNB-CPT, as Lugano Pirate says, is Business and Economy only operated by Comair (BA franchisee). Just like BA on domestic/European routes, where it’s only Club Europe and Eurotraveller. (* LHR-Moscow also has WTP when op by 777/787.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls