Snoring on overnight flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

ConstantFlyer1
    Participant

Have you ever been kept awake by a noisy snorer on an overnight flight? If so, have you sought help from the crew, and have they been able to do anything? Or maybe someone has prodded you in the night to tell you to keep the noise down. Or perhaps you just stick in the earplugs and roll over. Any snoring stories – please share.

Potakas
    Participant

I had once… JFK-LHR on the UD… I had my dinner on the lounge and decided to sleep like a baby asap, after two hours I woke up hearing the lady next me snoring like a pig :D, I didn’t want to say anything to the crew or to wake her up as it wouldn’t be the most gentle thing to do (especially to a lady), I turned on the IFE to watch a movie and after 15 minutes I was sleeping again.

On the bottom line, even at the UD, it is public transport and everyone have to deal with it. For me, snoring is not a big deal, you wear your ear plugs and problem solved, the worst thing is if someones feet are smelling bad 😉

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I’d recommend the seated carriage at the back of the Scotland – London sleeper, especially on a Friday night, for a truly inspirational snoring masterclass, if it ever became an Olympic sport then we’d be guaranteed a gold medal. Plus complimentary upgrade to smelly feet and stale beer breath included in the price. Join or alight at Preston / Crewe for the best all-round experience. Venue for next forum posters’ meeting…?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I find a loud clap in the vicinity of the offender helps, otherwise just spray something smelly near them.

Frankly, if you haven’t the manners to sleep silently, you should stay awake.

stevescoots
    Participant

for my convieniace I use the ear plugs, for my fellow passengers convieniance i use the sleepeazy nose strips as I know how annoying it can be

cityprofessional
    Participant

Funny, I very rarely snore (or so I’m told), particularly if I’m not sleeping deeply (which is on most flights). And then, if I do, it’s only the quietest murmur, which is easily drowned out by the noise of engines…

…However, I vividly remember the first time I flew on SQ’s A380 in business class – the combination of (a) working late the previous night, (b) a proper flat bed, (c) a couple of glasses of yummy Bordeaux, and (d) the quietest (and emptiest – just post-Lehmans) cabin ever, meant that I was apparently snoring like a trooper. An elderly couple even moved a couple of rows further away. I did feel very guilty, but what was I supposed to do? The problem is exacerbated on the A380, because you can hear things at the other end of the cabin – crying babies, snoring, even normal conversations…

Personally, I don’t have an issue with noise – I just stick earplugs in. And I’d rather have a snoring neighbour than one who leans over and dribbles on my shoulder!

VintageKrug
    Participant

That reminds me of this Virgin Upper Class Ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXyM8lcdfU

robsmith100
    Participant

cityprofessional – has made a very valid point about the sound travelling while on board.

For those of you who do snore, you may want to think twice and try not to sleep or you could end up on Youtube, from other upset pax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_fmDnUxRew&NR=1

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I used to be a snorer, but since I have lost 27kg and have this manic health drive, my snoring has now ceased. Just go for healthy foods, keep fit and the snoring should be cured.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls