SkyLux Travel

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 271 through 280 (of 280 total)

• Pedro01
    Participant

Agreed.
    All I can say is worked for me 8 times now and saved me so far about 10 Grand. Last time, I mentioned their name at Checkin and the good price, and received a smile and “good for you” in response.
    No, I am not one of their agents, just to preempt that response again, while I meanwhile believe our self appointed police officer here, Sinclair, might work for the competition. No lawsuits, no investigations. You do what you want, I do what I want, including recommending them.

SimonS1
    Participant

Martyn working for SkyLux competition? That made me wet myself laughing.

Imagine Martyn in some rented office somewhere knocking out cheap tickets obtained through second hand mileage. Comical.

MrMichael
    Participant

Oi…….Sinclair……..that ticket you sold me from that travel agency in Nigeria….Skycon…..it was dodgy……..I wanna word wiv u 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Has anyone noticed that Pedro01 and AlyssaFaden have only ever posted about Skylux travel?

Coincidence?

MrMichael
    Participant

No surprise there FDOS, and no, I don’t think it is a coincidence. Credit to Skylux though…fighters.

K1ngston
    Participant

SimonS1…. I have seen Martyn working not a pretty sight, and “has he got a deal for you?”

And in closing this thread, and people like Martyn and others know me, I have used on a number of occasions SkyLux, they got me to where I needed to be for a fraction of the cost and for me they worked. Was I lucky I wasn’t caught out?….. Probably, but you pays your money you makes your choice ……

Kevtheledge
    Participant

Ok gents I’m a first time here I’m a world traveler work, lived or traveled to 57 country’s and until a couple of days ago had never heard of SkyLux Travel it actually popped up when searching for flights on Webjet I need to get fro Dallas to Adelaide Australia and need business class because I have injured my back and can’t sit so I needed a flat bed either business or First class neither of them cheap and with an $18500 back surgery pending on my return money and flight cost is an issue my wife has been in the airline business for 15 years and when I was quoted an airfare $3000 cheaper than advertised on Webjet she imeadiatly screamed scam so that’s how I found this thread she started to look on the Internet to see all the reports of a scam and read through pages and pages of forums.

I read with interest the back and forth on here of they are ok or they are bad so I have bit the bullet so to speak and no less that 30 minutes ago signed my life and credit card away to SkyLux the flight is for the 2rd of July and I will keep you all up to date on progress I will say upto now they have been extremely professional, I hope it al goes well as for SimonS1 I get you not being trusting my wife still telling me that it’s illegal and how can you book flight with point etc etc and I will come back on and update I’m not some scammer as you have suggested previously one time submiter I want to prove one way or another if they are reliable or not and what better way than actually buying a ticket and taking the plunge, I will keep you al posted

SimonS1
    Participant

From what I have read about them I have no doubt your wife is correct about the legality.

Like all of these operations the chances are you won’t get caught, however clearly it would put a dent in your medical budget if you got stopped in Adelaide and had to buy a one way ticket back. Good luck.

MrDarwin
    Participant

I read an article the other day from an online travel news site about points brokers. Fairly clearly spells it out that the tickets violate most airline’s FF terms and conditions but most don’t have the mechanisms in place to detect such violations.

http://www.traveller.com.au/how-to-fly-business-class-on-the-cheap-gpdf6p

Kevtheledge, I’m assuming your travel includes Qantas or Virgin Australia? Note the T&Cs example in the article is for QF.

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed MrD – it will be the most innocent of situations that causes it all to come unstuck.

I read somewhere that a traveller on one of these tickets missed their flight due to a delay on a connecting flight and when they went to change the ticket that was the point where it was spotted.

Viewing 10 posts - 271 through 280 (of 280 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘SkyLux Travel’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls