Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 286 through 295 (of 295 total)

• Cobra3
    Participant

i agree with goldenboy, the United website is indeed a very user-friendly one. in fact, i can secure SQ biz class redemption seats easier from the United site with UA mileage than on the SQ site with krisflyer miles. the United site basically displays all available star alliance seats in response to your travel plans input, very efficient and transparent. hope this info is useful for those trying to clear their krisflyer account before ditching it in favour of other star partners’ programme. point to note is to only choose the airline ffp from one that actually flies into your home country. for example, i could ditch SQ krisflyer for United because UA operates daily out of singapore and i get to maximize the benefits from their various tier bonuses. for those who don’t fly as much but would like to try and maintain at least star gold, aegean airlines ffp would be the easiest to attain that purpose. another point to note for those interested is that since the merger of United and Continental, the UA ffp base has become much larger and upgrades for star gold has gotten extremely rare. it is also evident when they created the new platinum level which is somewhat like the delta skymiles platinum. level.

KSHaggag
    Participant

I do endorse globalexpress3 statement ..yes..the UA website booking engine is swift ,smooth and pleasant..when you attempt to search flights ( paid commercial tickets ) ,you get a long array of all Star alliance partners options especially if it is an offline route for UA ….indeed a great product ..nice n easy !
    Thanks globalexpress3 for the hint ,..

KSHaggag
    Participant

I do endorse globalexpress3 statement ..yes..the UA website booking engine is swift ,smooth and pleasant..when you attempt to search flights ( paid commercial tickets ) ,you get a long array of all Star alliance partners options especially if it is an offline route for UA ….indeed a great product ..nice n easy !

KSHaggag
    Participant

KF-Gold
    Participant

the SQ website is still crap

has been using Swiss, UA, and Air China. Very good and error free, and changes are easily made on their websites. also, call centre are manned by people who can speak real English compared with SQ

latest discovery on SQ website while trying to cancel a redemption ticket – they have again a new system just put in place for about a month now – no changes are allowed and must call the service centre with eternity of waiting time – for whatever changes…each succeeding new system is getting more and more moronic

it is just frustrating to try to use up all the KF miles while starting to accrue on Miles and More….

JohnHarper
    Participant

Mrs JH has a very frustrating time yesterday trying to book two tickets in F to SYD for February next year. No matter what she did she could only get three sectors to book in F and the fourth one was downgraded to C though there was no saving in the fare. The thing was that as she played with different ways of making the booking to try and get it to do what she wanted to it was a different sector in F that was unavailable. Looking at Expertflyer it was all the flights she was looking at were F4 so there should have been no problem getting the seats we wanted.

So the website is still jinxed and that’s another £12K spent with Emirates. Shame really she fancied a stopover in SIN.

cbroo79
    Participant

I agree, just went on UA website and booked. Completely hassle free, paid or award ticket!

cbroo79
    Participant

I agree, just went on UA website and booked. Completely hassle free, paid or award ticket!

cbroo79
    Participant

BigDog.
    Participant

JohnHarper – 21/10/2013 14:01 GMT

It is a pity John that the SIA website still hasn’t been sorted fully multiple sectors, though I haven’t had problems with straight returns.

There is currently a sale whereby LHR or MAN to Sydney return is £3,240 in business which imo is streets ahead of BA first.

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/en_UK/promotions/business-nov-13-sale.jsp

Am yet to try SIA F, it would be interesting to read how SQ compares to EK.

Viewing 10 posts - 286 through 295 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls