Singapore Airlines New Website

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

I am generally a big fan of SQ, they are after all my home airline and whilst typically Singaporean they are reliable, have a great network and Changi is one of the best hubs in the world!

Recently SQ have changed their website and I have to say its not for the best, I found out to my displeasure that on a recently bought flight I had Travel Insurance added (which I dont need as I have a very comprehensive policy) and when I tried to go back to remove (which is impossible)

I then had to call the Call centre which again is not the best experience. It wasn’t the cost only about $20 but the principle of adding cost into my flight which is just not needed and unacceptable.

As most websites I have to go hunt for the option not to add the insurance as opposed to giving the option to add if required. This is a practice I dislike immensely! I wonder what other costs get introduced by stealth which necessitates people needing to try and remove them?

On the upside I can now book through any of the SA partners on one website including airmile flights which is a good addition.

Pies1311
    Participant

K1ngston, after some backlash last week on this issue I understand SQ has removed or is about to remove the auto include for insurance. As was mentioned in the media at the time it makes them look like a LCC. This is the second PR issue that have had in the past few weeks as you may recall they had to quickly reverse the credit card charge they were going to impose on all bookings after similar criticism.
    I agree with you re some of the other improvements to the website.

K1ngston
    Participant

Pies1311 ahhh have been travelling and didnt realise there had been a backlash. I am glad its tantamount to stealing or topping up so I am pleased

Thanks for updating

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I tried to remember the last timer we had a thread with a similar title – bit shocked it was seven years ago

Singapore Airlines new website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls