Sharp treatment by BA – again

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

If you belong to a club and your membership lapses/expires, the privileges are no longer available to you. I think few people would argue with that.

However, if the expiry of your membership predates your attendance at an event offered by that club for which you have booked and paid, then there is, at the very least, a moral obligation on the club to notify you if you are not entitled to enjoy that benefit.

Since we are talking about British Airways, I don’t think there is any question of moral obligations. This is just another example of their appalling IT structure, or their highhanded arrogance, or both.

” ……… unless OP is planning some form of legal proceedings its basically like it or lump it.”

That’s how I see it. Don’t fly BA. If enough people walk away there will be change, but the one person who really should walk away is Cruz.

K1ngston
    Participant

I totally agree with seasonedtraveller, his points are spot on. This does not happen on any other airline, with status you’re given privilege at the time of booking, and anything else is irrelevant should at time of flying your status has changed!

What the OP will expect next time as a Silver is a different matter, if he is bothered to ever use BA again!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=821899]I totally agree with seasonedtraveller, his points are spot on. This does no happen on any other airline, with status you’re given privilege at the time of booking, and anything else is irrelevant should at time of flying your status has changed!

What the OP will expect next time as a Silver is a different matter, if he is bothered to ever use BA again!

[/quote]

Agreed, the privilege is described as ‘seat selection’, not ‘seat occuptation’.

openfly
    Participant

Gold card and just had our em exit seats taken away from us on a European service. New seats mid cabin on an A321….nasty, but that’s BA! Easyjet next time where nothing ever changes.

On another subject. LBA to LHR Club Europe…best 35 minutes ever on BA. Superb Legacy crew, real old school service, happy professional workers. Wonderful to be reminded as to “how it used to be” ?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

If anyone has any doubt as to why BA is in 40th place compared with 1st place 10 years ago in terms of “Best Airline’ just take a look at this interview Willie Walsh gave to the BBC Breakfast News last week when IAG announced its results. I leave you to make your own comments, opinions etc

K1ngston
    Participant

I think he sums it up perfectly, they dont give a damn about their customers its all about the bottom line and the shareholders …. Say no more!

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

..summed up perfectly K1ngston and WW actually appears to revel in that fact!!. He maybe a CEO but any comparison with being
    a competent Leader doesn’t even come close

K1ngston
    Participant

Couldn’t put it better myself CathayLoyalist2.. There are a couple of words that cover the WW aptly that I will leave to everyones imagination 🙂

SwissExPat
    Participant

What seems strange to me is that AT THE TIME OF BOOKING, BA has the information as to the expiry of you Membership. It would be easy for them them at the point of selecting the Seats to warn you i.e “… Your selected flight date is after your membership is due for renewal…. so if your membership level does not continue at the current or higher level, this seats selection will be cancelled…” or something to this effect.

I note that the seat selection option only shows when you are logged in, so they do hvae the data available!

Also if the release of seats does happen, maybe they should send you an email offering you to pay the fee to get them back?

Agreed that not informing you is a very bad show.

openfly
    Participant

Love the “big black cloud” in the background to the interview. A picture tells a thousand words!!

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

I’ve had a load of winter schedule/aircraft changes recently and have been moved a few times during that with no notification either.
    So this is a bigger problem than people’s seats being changed/cancelled when they go down a level.
    As for WW in that interview? Made my blood boil! The arrogance of the man – he looked totally in a trance with bottom line and shareholders on his mind, not a thought for the passenger. But we all knew that.

capetonianm
    Participant

Just watched the WW interview. What a smug, slimy, evasive, devious and odious impression he gives. His compatriot Michael O’Leary makes a better account of himself and is more honest, which may account for the relative success of Ryanair. I’m no fan of the latter but they are a lot more transparent about what they do and how they do it.

K1ngston
    Participant

WW = Wiley Weasel …..Apt dont you think?

esselle
    Participant

Agree with the general tone about WW, but would add that somebody needs to take him to a stylist. His dress sense is awful.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Esselle, A high Vis jacket maybe?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls