Shangri La at The Shard (review) and goodbye.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)

• farmerslodge
    Participant

Wow, wasn’t expecting the final paragraph – very brave. May your flight be long haul! Doors to automatic – God speed

FDOS_UK
    Participant

MrMichael

You posts have always made me smile, your sense of humour is keen, but never cruel and you make my life fun through our little ‘contretemps’.

I’m thinking of you and your family and hoping for a miracle.

SimonS1
    Participant

A really sad and very poignant post. God bless you.

Switzerlanding
    Participant

I’ve always enjoyed reading your posts and am truly upset to read this. I Wish and pray all the best for you and your family. – Rob

rferguson
    Participant

MrMichael, will miss your posts. Wishing you all the best for you and your family.

conc001
    Participant

I just want to wish you and your family a peaceful time and I am pleased you had a great last stay in london.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

MrMichael, it takes a lot to move me, but your final paragraph did just that. And how right you are, do things now while we can and not put them off. As a friend of mine once said, “there’s no point in being the richest man in the graveyard”! And that’s what I’m now going to do.

MrMichael, you have inspired me with your bravery. I’m not sure how I could so bravely face that final journey you’re about to make. And to your children I’ll say this, one day, you’ll copy your father’s little quirks, your habits unique to you, and they’ll realise that you live on in them as they will live on in their children.

I wish you God Speed and His blessings. May your final journey (First Class of course) be a peaceful one surrounded by your loving family.

And one request, though I’ll understand if it’s not possible. Could MrsM, when she’s ready, let us know you’ve boarded that flight so wherever we may be in the world we can raise a glass to you in your memory.

God Bless You.

Offshore_Chef
    Participant

New to this forum and had tears in my eye reading that.
    I wish you all the best, glad you got another amazing memory to take with you.

I wish you all the best

Cloud-9
    Participant

Thankyou so much for your final utterly brave post Mr Michael.

I, along with the other contributors on this forum, have thoroughly enjoyed your considered and considerate thoughts over the last decade or so.

May your final days be as pain-free as possible and spent with your family. Be sure you are in our thoughts.

Thankyou for your time now, and also over the years

thebigseats
    Participant

Thought provoking & very very moving.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thank you MrMichael for giving this 55 year old such a strong, courageous and brave lesson about life and how to face adversity.

Never have I wished so much for a flight to be subject to a long delay or better still a cancelation.

I am sure a few of us will be meeting in the summer time. Thank you for your Shard review & for providing a very appropriate and meaningful venue.

Poshgirl58
    Participant

Mr Michael

Thank you for the amazing review and your bravery in sharing this news. I was also moved to tears. You truly are an inspiration. As someone whose infrequent business travel has been confined to the UK, your posts have been both educating and enlightening.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

J

JohnHarper
    Participant

Mr Michael, thank you for the great contributions over the years and I’ve always enjoyed our discussions whether we were in agreement or more often not.

I read this yesterday and last night Mrs JH and I toasted you and your family, we wish you Godspeed and our best wishes and love to your family.

I’ll echo LP, when Mrs M is ready perhaps she’ll let us know you’ve made your final take-off so we can toast you and her again then.

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

Thank you MrMichael for your review and inspirational thoughts.

Our thoughts are with you and again, thanks for all your contributions on BT.

Our warm greetings to you and your family/loved ones.

JKL
    Participant

Mr Michael, I’ll admit I’m a little tipsy as I write this, being on the way home from an after-work drinks do, but I’d like you to know that your post brought a tear to the eye and, like all your contributions to this forum, is very much appreciated. I sincerely hope fate may find you a way through this, but if all else fails, please know that you have made a difference. I wish you strength, courage and above all peace.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls