Schedule Change or Cancellation with Air Baltic.

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Tallinnman
    Participant

Flying with Air Baltic to Moscow and they have brought one of the flights forward to a 6am departure. I purposely avoided an early start when booking the flight.

It seems they have cancelled 1 of their 5 daily departures from Tallinn to Riga with the remaining 4 flights being spread out over the day.

They are refusing a refund saying the flight’s schedule has simply changed and as such their T&C’s apply rather than EU261 applying to a cancellation. (Another loop hole in this Swiss Cheese legislation?)

The flight number of my flight remains the same so in isolation it is a schedule change. However the cancellation or removal from the schedule of another flight has caused the schedule change – in my opinion.

A grey area or has it been covered before.

I’ll sue if not refunded as I’m interested in the outcome but its seems that Air Baltic are slipping back into their old habits of gouging customers.

Shame as have enjoyed flying with them recently.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Tallinnman – Unfortunately you did not say exactly when you are travelling.

But this CAA advice re EU261 will help.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=2211&pagetype=90&pageid=15455

Tallinnman
    Participant

Flight not until early November.

Had a quick read through the link – thanks.

‘Schedule change’ isn’t covered by EU261 so Air Baltic are conveniently using their T&C’s which say ‘tough Mr Customer’ – no refund.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Tallinnman-

Why I asked is because if you read the CAA link above you will see that airlines must give 14 days notice for schedule changes.

But as you are travelling in November then that would be considered a seasonal timetable change.

The change from summer to winter schedules takes place on the last weekend of October.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls