SAS “no” Customer Care

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

LongHaulSleeper
    Participant

Hi all

8 months ago I made a booking (NRT-CPH-MXP) with SAS which they mistakenly cancelled instead of ticketing (apparently this was due to a inter-department mistake since there were some vouchers involved).
    I called SAS to rectify the problem and was told there was no more seats on the plane and there was nothing they could do. The only alternative was for me to buy an even more expensive ticket the day before + book a new connecting flight (SYD-NRT)… and SAS would cover the costs, which was over USD 2000, once I filled a claim with customer support… awesome I thought.
    4 months ago i filed a claim with customer support, and was promptly offered 25.000 points, but no compensation. After explaining the situation I was told the case had been escalated – but nothing has happened.

I’ve tried calling, but their sales department is only able to tell me that the case has been forwarded to another department (not Customer Care), they are unable to say which one or who… its now been 4 months and despite countless emails back and forth with the person who has escalated the case, I’ve been told there is nothing more they can do since the case has been escalated.

I’m a little lost – how to proceed from here?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Is there an ombudsman in your country?

Failing that, you could try a small claims court/tribunal case (if there is one i the country where you bought the ticket) – but that would depend to some extent on whether you are able to prove that SAS told you to buy the more expensive ticket etc

LuganoPirate
    Participant

From your post I assume you’re based in either Japan or Italy and I know the laws of neither.

I can only suggest you contact the credit card company and lodge a dispute with them over the ticket you had to pay extra for. They will certainly contact SAS and hopefully this will prompt them to react.

Otherwise if you have a friendly lawyer who’d write a letter for you may also bring about some urgent attention to the case, though if you go to court it will probably cost a lot more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls